• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by scud.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bespoked Bike Show
  • tang
    Free Member

Who’s coming? I’m off early in the morning to set up the show & hosting most of the talks this year. I think it’s going to be a good one (and a warm!), so much top quality work coming. See you there!

monkeyboyjc

I’m going to try to come – it’ll be the first one I’ve missed if I can’t…..

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Sunday 😀

clubby

Heading there on Saturday. First visit, really looking forward to it.

philxx1975
    Free Member

No because its dull and not my cup o tea.

Moses

Friday afternoon.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

philxx1975

No because its dull and not my cup o tea.

Hooray – it just got even better 😀😀😀

wallop

Is it open on Friday morning?

rOcKeTdOg

No, wanted to & put a post asking if anyone was passing the Midlands & could give me a lift & share costs but got no response 😭

goby

Yep going saturday cant wait 🙂

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Yes with a couple of mates. Took advantage of the BC ticket offer. Saturday busy day I guess.

qwerty
    Free Member

Hoping to make it Friday @ 2pm as some kind sole gave me a ticket 😉 – but the weather may sway me otherwise, i think it’ll depend on how tired my legs are.

wallop  – Friday morning is press only, first open to rabble @ 2pm Friday.

monksie
    Free Member

My wife and I will be there on Saturday. We’re both really looking forward to it.

scud
    Free Member

@rocketdog, we are driving from Norfolk to Brizzle for the show, normally would go via M25 but doesn’t seem to be much further to go via the Midlands? We are staying the saturday night for a few bevvies and back Sunday morning thoiugh?

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Will be there saturday but riding down this year over tomorrow and saturday morning with a couple of mates as group on some tall bikes one of them made from old frames we had. Shakedown ride in the sun yesterday and forecast looks good so cant wait to get going.

rOcKeTdOg

@rocketdog, we are driving from Norfolk to Brizzle for the show, normally would go via M25 but doesn’t seem to be much further to go via the Midlands? We are staying the saturday night for a few bevvies and back Sunday morning thoiugh?

cheers, gotta be sunday for me, working saturday

Speeder

Got approval for a visit on Saturday. Pretty excited to go, will be my first time.

wallop

Hmmmm. Thought I might pop in for a couple of hours once we got back from Swanage on Sunday afternoon, but £20!?!?!? Maybe not.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Sadly didn’t make it. My car died on me 🙁

Luckily just 20 miles from home.

Enjoy guys! Jealous as hell…

Cheers!

I.

clubby

Had a great day out there. Lots of amazing builds and too much temptation.

Talks were good too, especially the Adventure Collectives film from last years tour divide. Very inspiring.

Also loving Bristol in general. First time here, but will definitely be back.

paton
    Free Member

dudeofdoom

I didn’t go as I’ve already blown my yearly budget on bikes and I’m only 3 miles away 🙁

Moses

Definitely worth going, from my point of view. Except that I wouldn’t want to spend the type of money that some of the beautiful bikes go for.

There were more gravel-type bikes there than previous years, many with fat road tyres and porteur style front racks – very practical, I reckon.

monksie
    Free Member

We enjoyed it although I don’t think we’d make the journey from the very northern tip of Derbyshire again. Loads of gorgeous bikes and interesting people but we thought the venue was too small. It was packed out (Saturday) and it became quite frustrating to move around. The food on offer was extortionate. £8 for a coffee and a cake? We went to Mud Dock, instead.

aP
    Free Member

Ah. We went to Harts Cafe instead 😉

it was ok, took a while for people to get going, became way too busy and airless mid afternoon.

I had a good chat with the guys at Cyfac and Rich from Filament. And asked about Dyneema frames in the carbon builders session.

scud
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, but did get very airless on Saturday afternoon, other thing that was a bit annoying was that the website running up to it said that Reilly and August were exhibiting, i have just got a Reilly frame and wanted to ask questions and speak to August as he is local to us, but you get there and neither are on the program?

Forgot how much i liked Bristol though, left show and went for a ride along the river underneath the bridge, then back up to the top through the woods  and over the bridge sightseeing then found a string of good bars (a few too many!)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bespoked Bike Show’ is closed to new replies.