Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bent my SLX lever 😒
  • v8ninety

And apparently spares are rare. Which means for the sake of one bit of bent aluminium effectively two perfectly functional brakes are effectively scrap, or at least ‘spares I will never use but can’t bring myself to Chuck’.

Long shot I know, but I don’t suppose anyone’s got some old SLX M665 levers that are taking up space that I can take off your hands? Either that or has anyone seen a supply of shimano or aftermarket levers anywhere? Seems very surprising that such an easy to damage component hasn’t got spares easily available.

It’s bent ?

martinhutch

Which means for the sake of one bit of bent aluminium effectively two perfectly functional brakes are effectively scrap

What’s wrong with the other one?

Just swap in any suitable shimano lever.

Dickyboy

Think I may have a spare xt lever from the same era – I’ll take a look later

v8ninety

Thank you ScotRoutes; evidently my GoogleFu was weak this morning, appreciated.

What’s wrong with the other one?

I know. I’m not very OCD at all, by non matching brakes would grieve me a bit.

Think I may have a spare xt lever from the same era – I’ll take a look later

👍🏼 Thank you

iamanobody
    Free Member

which side do you need?

v8ninety

which side do you need?

Right hand side 👍🏼

v8ninety

Iambobody; cheers, out of stock though. Got all excited for a sec 😏

iamanobody
    Free Member

ah sorry so did i

tootallpaul

I have a set in the spares box. Drop me a message.

🙂

Paul

Dickyboy

Yup, got an xt m775 lever only

I know. I’m not very OCD at all, by non matching brakes would grieve me a bit.

But it’s silver…

submarined
    Free Member

The callipers piss fluid all over the place, so there must be loads of orphaned levers hanging about in spares boxes!

bloodyshins
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of old slx’s in the shed you’re welcome to. Im in Manchester if you want to pick up but can post em if you cover postage. Drop me a message if you want them mate.

tomparkin

I have an SLX lever with a broken clamp which I got off here last year as part of a complete brake — I needed the caliper after a brake bleeding session gone sadly awry. I’m not sure of the lever code but the caliper is BR675 which I think is the right era.

The lever is left-hand, but that SJS Cycles link above leads me to believe the lever blade itself is generic. So quite possibly you could dismantle to get the bit you need.

Dismantling, etc, might be too much of a pain in the neck. However, I thought I’d at least offer — so feel free to PM me if none of the offers of levers up-thread ^ sort you out 🙂

Jerm

Only a suggestion but have you tried bending it back. I did the same on a newer model and sorted it with the aid of adjustable spanners and a vice. I also bent my finger at the same time in a rather unnatural way. That wasn’t so easily sorted.

Ignore that, I’ve just seen the crack.

v8ninety

Thanks peeps, YGM 👍🏼

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

You might be able to get the lever via lbs or even Halfords. They all used to exploded diagrams of all the parts which could be ordered from Madison. The only problem was that lbs does prices tended to be more than buying the whole thing new

Mister-P
    Free Member

Madison don’t have any lever blades for those left in stock. I checked yesterday morning.

v8ninety

Not sure if my messages are going through; so if you’re one of the kind chaps who have offered up assistance, I’m not ignoring you, I have tried to message you. Cheers

transition1
    Free Member

Evans have Zee Levers for £27 plus British Cycling get 10% off better levers than all suggestions

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bent my SLX lever 😒’ is closed to new replies.