Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Behold! The Super Wheel! Free Energy for all. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news
  • snotrag

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/spring-powered-wheel-claims-to-be-e-bike-alternative-at-lower-cost-476421/amp

Make sure to check out the youtube videos here – particularly the bottom one!

The Super Wheel system uses our patented ‘Weight (mass) to energy conversion technology’ to improve cycling efficiency, and developed as the alternative to electric power assistance, such as the E-bike.

Home of the Super Wheel System

(The fact that they havent yet worked out how to work-around the rim moving relative to the hub, and thus have simply removed the braking system and kept quiet about it, particularly amuses me).

richmtb

That’s err… interesting.

I’ll take a guess and say he’s got absolutely no data to back up the 30% improvement in efficiency claim.

Thing is it probably does feel faster* The springs probably do make it feel lively as it gets up to speed, once its spinning all that weight probably makes it feel like it has lots of momentum and a suspended wheel would feel smoother and faster.

*Assuming you have never actually ridden a bike that actually has decent wheels obviously!

tthew

Looking forward to the massive industrial versions that are driven by an electric motor at the hub, with a generator attached to the rim. Free electric! They’ve solved the whole worlds energy problems! I want van sized ones too to improve my fuel economy also, (until I get a battery powered van to benefit from the fee electric obvs).

Anyone spot a flaw with the theory?

fasthaggis

V-brakes aren’t going to slow down that sucker. 🙂

DrP

This is genuinely making me laugh.

It’s like saying I can compress my rear shock, and use the air pressure to drive the bike.
    I COULD. But only once. Until I lift the bike UP again. Which uses energy.

Why do people pursue things like this??

And why is the you tube clip just a dude spinning a wheel? WITHOUT the springs. That doesn’t show or demonstrate anything!

DrP

fasthaggis

You would need to be careful with all that stored energy.

ping

richmtb

Anyone spot a flaw with the theory?

The 2nd law of thermodynamics is a cruel mistress

It’s like saying I can compress my rear shock, and use the air pressure to drive the bike.
    I COULD. But only once. Until I lift the bike UP again. Which uses energy.

On some single pivots, the interaction between chain growth and the rear shock makes it feel like you are getting half a pedal stroke for free, but you aren’t its just easier to feel pedal feedback when it makes things feel lighter.

DrP

Richmtb…

SHhhhhh… together we could pioneer the ‘super shock’ that gives you “half a pedal stroke of free energy”…. “race proven technology”…

2021 could bring us millions…

DrP

tthew

The 2nd law of thermodynamics is a cruel mistress

BruceWee

I think I’ll wait for the disc brake version.

Ewan
    Free Member

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Don’t you already have one of these for zwifting DrP?

BruceWee

I wanted to have a look at the patent but it says “Applications terminated before publication under section 16(1)”

Does that mean I can steal his idea and make millions?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Behold! The Super Wheel! Free Energy for all. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news’ is closed to new replies.