Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BBC iPlayer Radio (Android) App – Download Failed
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Usually not had any problems with the app, but today, trying to download some drama programmes and getting Download Failed.

Just me?

First one to suggest using BBC Sounds get’s a kick in their podcasts.

IHN

What does the first one to point out your poor apostrophe usage get?

Jakester
    Free Member

Not entirely helpful, but worked fine for me this morning over 4G.

Mine occasionally did this, but previously reinstalled helped. Not sure whether you can do this now though because of the aforementioned BBC SOunds…

jimdubleyou

I wouldn’t use Sounds, I mean they’ve addressed almost all of the issues with it and it’s a perfectly usable app, but I wouldn’t use it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I downloaded 4 shows on the ipad version this morning

munrobiker
    Free Member

TurnerGuy

I downloaded 4 shows on the ipad version this morning

Were you using Drac’s ipad?

fooman

Yes, had this problem for a while now, still an issue when I changed phones. Pretty much us ‘my radio’ instead as I have plenty of data & don’t really need to download.

Stoner
    Free Member

miraculously it appears to have started working again. Good.

There’s an adaptation of one of my favourite comedies, Cold Comfort Farm, on there at the moment.

Still not going anywhere near BBC Sounds jimw. Bloody awful pile of shite that should have been taken out back and disposed of when they tried launching it. So poorly put together it makes the relaunch of the STW forum look like a text book IT success.

funkynick

The iPlayer app on my PS3 was playing silly b*gg*rs earlier as well… so it might have been Auntie having a bit of trouble…

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Don’t get the love for iplayer vs the hate for sounds.

Both have circular spinny ui for choosing a radio station.

Both have terrible discovery for shows and podcasts.

Main difference seems to be one is white and one is black. And the name, obvs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BBC iPlayer Radio (Android) App – Download Failed’ is closed to new replies.