Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BBC iplayer problems
  • london_lady
    Free Member

I usually listen to radio 6 at work through the “listen live” option on the BBC iplayer but not today. Yesterday it was working fine but today when I open iplayer I get the window which then goes blank and there is no sound. I have tried other radio stations (well radio 4) and get the same thing. Has anyone else had problems or knows how to fix this?

Stoner
    Free Member

has streaming (adobe air?) been disabled at your place of work?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

iPlayer is as shonky as hell. I get messages with certain programmes, that ‘this content is only available to UK viewers’, when other stuff plays fine. Sometimes a programme will appear in the iPlayer Desktop app, but not actually download. And other irritating things.

Could just be a temporary fault on the iPlayer website.

R4 working here. Very low sound level though. R6 working fine.

london_lady
    Free Member

No streaming has not been disabled. I was getting strange java messages this morning so I have updated my version of java but I didn’t think iplayer needed java……could quite possibly be wrong!
    Have had to resort to absolute radio in windows media player – joy!

verses

Listening to 6 music on iplayer right now, not had any problems.

verses

You could copy the direct stream url (from here: http://bbcstreams.com/)and play it in another app (I use VLC although I think WMP would do it).

thepurist

I gave up with iPlayer & now use Radio Sure for the BBC stuff.

london_lady
    Free Member

verses – that did it – thanks.

zebardy
    Free Member

What was the url you were trying to listen to radio 6 through? The link from the main iplayer site works for me (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_6music).

Elfinsafty, the beeb uses geo ip tracking type stuff to tell if you are in the uk, so your problems are probably related to your work place/isp routing some of their traffic out via an ip not registered as in the uk.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No it can’t be; it’s all from my computer at home. It allows me to download other stuff no probs. Which is what makes it bloody exasperating. Problems with the file or server or something, not my computer.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I tried that Radio Sure but now can’t stop it playing, even by apparently deleting it – I certainly can’t see it and a search does not find it – has anyone else experienced this and have a cure? It was OH until I loaded MS Office today.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BBC iplayer problems’ is closed to new replies.