Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BBC iPlayer – how to watch overseas?
  • epicyclo

My brother in Oz wants to watch the StrathPuffer in the Adventure Show with iPlayer.

Are there any dodges to do this?

Or a way to record it so it can be sent to him?

gobuchul
    Free Member

You need a proxy. It makes the website think you are in a different country from where you really are.

You can pay for them but there are some free ones.

Try Hola for Google Chrome. http://hola.org/

TooTall
    Free Member

CyberGhost is another free one. It’s OK for nowt.

nickjb
    Free Member

Might be on YouTube. By far the easiest way if it is.

antigee

in aus’ use Hola for stuff including iplayer and works very well

slows stuff up if don’t turn it off when not needed but that is minor complaint and is easy to do

ps and i would be willing pay for a uk tv license to get adverts off iplayer and be able to access easily

annebr
    Free Member

I’d love the BBC to allocate a user id to a License fee and then be able to use BBC iPlayer when away on holiday.

Sky can manage it, so the Beeb should be able to as well.

jekkyl

Tell him to move to the UK, pay a license fee and then he can watch it. we don’t pay so the whole world can watch our tele you know. 😉

mrchrispy

andytherocketeer

I did it via a personal VPS located in the UK, and a SSH tunnel.
    Was not a bad show.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’d love the BBC to allocate a user id to a License fee and then be able to use BBC iPlayer when away on holiday.

I always thought this was a good way of restricting access to iPlayer generally. Just make it a service that you benefit from by paying your TV licence. Or even charge a reduced rate for iPlayer access only, and open it up to every one outside the UK – good revenue source.

Technically can’t be that difficult to do the same sort of thing that Netflix does.

rene59
    Free Member

I always thought this was a good way of restricting access to iPlayer generally. Just make it a service that you benefit from by paying your TV licence. Or even charge a reduced rate for iPlayer access only, and open it up to every one outside the UK – good revenue source.

Technically can’t be that difficult to do the same sort of thing that Netflix does.

They should restrict access to the entire BBC and make it a service you subscribe to just like Netflix. They can open it up to whoever they like this way and stop taking licence money off of people and taking them to court for non payment.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

You can set up your computer to act as a proxy for your brother.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Unotelly is the shiznit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BBC iPlayer – how to watch overseas?’ is closed to new replies.