Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bathroom Lights – Bulb Advice Needed
  • labsey
    Free Member

Thrilling stuff, but I don’t want to burn the house down.

We have recessed LEDs in our bathroom and some of them need replacing. The actual LED bit is heavy duty and made of metal, with a GU10 two pin twisty attachment.

Can I use any LED bulbs with the same fitting? Or is there a bathroom-specific bulb I should be using?

Thank you in advance!

Olly
    Free Member

im pretty sure the “sealing” component is the frame, and the bulb itself is standard.
    Thats how ours were, it was a snug rubberised push fit with a glass pane window.

You may find that the frame itself as a max rating on it, but if they are LEDs they are going to be creating a lot less heat than any Halogen you could put in.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Any GU10 LEDs will suffice. Your only consideration will be to choose the right colour blend (cool white, warm white, etc).
    Anyone with halogen GU10s (or any incandescent lamps tbh) should change them asap, imo.

labsey
    Free Member

Thank you! There is a “sealed” unit in the ceiling, although I’m not convinced how sealed they are.

FuzzyWuzzy

It doesn’t sound like you’re considering them so not an issue but when I did my bathroom I used Philips Hue G10 bulbs and it was a known issue that the Gen 1 version was longer than most G10 bulbs and didn’t fit a lot of units.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Lights – Bulb Advice Needed’ is closed to new replies.