Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • BasqueMTB
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Just sorting this year’s holida(or rather, the wife is).

Doug is a legend.

That is all.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

ok

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry, doesn’t give much away does it.

He’s just a top bloke, nothing seems to be too much trouble, no matter how many emails go back and fourth. Last years trip was the best holiday I’ve ever had so there’s no doubt we’re going back with Doug again.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey, thanks a lot Onzadog! I’m looking forward to seeing you guys again and I have some new, sunny rides planned.

Btw, nothing is any trouble, your wife is great to deal with… I will get my wife to send you some emails and you will know all about trouble 🙂

gavrobb
    Free Member

For the record I have to second Onzadog’s comment there. Highlight of the year…

weeksy

Tell us more please… What sort of riding, what sort of costs ? local airport ? Won’t be this year, but could be a 2015 trip…

Onzadog
    Free Member

What sort of riding do you want? We loved the fact that it was natural stuff and no lifts. The advantage of no lifts is no power rangers! Doug did partial uplift for us which was great.

Local airport was bilbao, easyjet fly there from Manchester and stanstead. After Doug’s efforts with Easyjet, you can still take your bikes.

Have a look at his website and drop him a line, you’ll not regret it.

timnwild

+1 for Basque MTB.

Had a great week there last year – Doug’s enthusiasm for the trails, ability to sort other people’s mech problems with ingenious bodging and general all-round encouragement for riders makes it a winning holiday. The food as well, my God, the food…

HindlePie
    Free Member

We’re going later in the year after hearing all the rave comments by my mates.

Can’t wait. Not been this excited about a holiday in years.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I thought this thread was going to be about something like this :

🙁

banks
    Free Member

Doug’s enthusiasm for the trails + a million!!

Reason i’ll be going back for a while, just need to sort my life out and get the ‘puffer out of the way!

Usually i get ‘our trails are the best, there’s nothing better in universe!’ whereas Doug always seemed to be on the search for more..

Hopefully, i’ll be over around sept/oct.

banks
    Free Member

We’re going later in the year after hearing all the rave comments by my mates.

Can’t wait. Not been this excited about a holiday in years.

Bring an empty stomach!

spacehopper

just to add…

if you are thinking about going over there this year… stop thinking about it and just GO!!!

its *insert swearword of choice here* brilliant! you will not regret it 🙂

I went over last year and wish i was going again.. so Jealous of all the people going this year! (and im going to New Zealand next month!)

missnotax
    Free Member

*ahem*

And don’t forget the lovely friend you are also both going with too 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

How could we? I’ll be the envy of mountain biking males everywhere spending the week with two beautiful women who both know how to handle a mountain bike properly.

If word gets out, that could turn into a popular week thinking about it.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

2nd only to White Room for spontaneous mentions on this site.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Yes I went with WR because of STW. 2014 hols sorted, fancy Spain/Basque MTB for 2015…. 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Looking at BMTB website, I am tempted, the back country trip looks really interesting.

banks
    Free Member

Looking at BMTB website, I am tempted, the back country trip looks really interesting.

I did the back country trip. Saw one other mtb’er and a dog.

redwoods
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member
    I thought this thread was going to be about something like this :

oh god, no, much much better than a poshundied pendletears!

We went in May last year when the weather was a bit hit and miss to say the least, but it says a lot about the quality of riding and overall holiday that Doug offers, that it was still our best ever holiday, bar none. Gave us memories that will stay with us for many years to come I think 🙂

Mrs Onzadog

doug_basqueMTB.com

Well, I have read this thread several times and I´m genuinely touched. I´ve been struggling to reply to be honest, it´s not often I´m lost for words. Thanks to everyone, both for posting here and also for coming and giving me some great weeks riding bikes and pretending to work.

“Banks”, how much did you hate that dog?! It disappeared when we did our autumn trips, it´s probably swimming the Channel to your house 🙂

Tim, Gav, Onza and Mrs Onza, spacehopper and banks, thanks! Hindlepie, I´ve not worked out who you are yet, it´s always fun working out who posts as what.

Don´t be disspointed Turner guy, when you book just use the codeword “hirstute” and I will make sure I dress up real nice for you.

Mackem

“shudders”

SimonR

Just got our October back-country trip booked 🙂 🙂

Looks amazing!

The holiday countdown has started ….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife was bouncing around the house like tigger last night now we’ve got ours booked.

Ed-O
    Free Member

He’s got so much enthusiasm for riding and for the fantastic place he lives in. Every time I go back he’s found new trails and he goes out clearing and building new sections on a regular basis, adding to the already rich network. If you like riding fantastic natural singletrack in beautiful quiet landscapes with some of the best food in the world always near by, then you’ll love the Basque MTB experience. Doug is a great guy and he even has a trustworthy beard.

bluerob

I’m going back in April and it just can’t happen soon enough! Doug, Ed and the local guides, Antonio and Borja kept us laughing, smiling and riding the entire week. It was a joy to share their stunning trails and soak up first class food, booze and scenery with a really friendly group of riders.

I keep thinking back to riding through mountain passes, endless descents, heart stopping switchbacks, gaze-stealing fall-lines and heart-pounding climbs – and that was just the first day 🙂

goslow

Just booked for later in the year. Coincidentally (or maybe not) the same week as SimonR.

snowslave

Bloody hell are we going to have to book now for 2015, Doug?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ha ha snow slave. Joking aside I have two bookings for 2015 agreed with groups! It makes it sound like we are super successful but really it’s just because we are a small operation. And we are staying like that so I can ride my bike too!

redwoods
    Free Member

Doug, I thought you said that beard was going, way back in May last year!

Did the furry-faced look win Mrs Doug round in end, then?!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Agreed with all that. Been twice, for a total of 3 weeks. Absolutely great each time, all the time. 😀

Pieeater
    Free Member

Top Top place to ride even when it pi55es down.
    Watchtowers and La Donna are friggin ace!
    Cant wait for the next trip.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Thanks for the new comments guys! Redwoods, the beard sort of went and then came and went a bit and then when the baby arrived it came back with vengeance. I´ve been told if we are having another baby it will either be without my beard or the immaculate conception.

oxym0r0n

Seriously looking for a week away this year with a few friends – will I die riding my Solaris hardtail 1×10? (I like BIG days and techy stuff but haven’t been abroad with this bike yet)

Will drop you an email at some point Doug…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘BasqueMTB’ is closed to new replies.