• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by aP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Baselayer for work under open neck shirt (AKA vest!)
  • dashed
    Free Member

I can’t believe I’m even asking this but as I comfortably slip into middle age, I’m in need of some insulation for in the office – which is always overly cold for my liking. I’m thinking of a v neck technical t shirt / baselayer in white / pale grey so I can wear it under a normal long sleeve shirt with no tie (without looking like an american ie. white t shirt visible under an open collar!).

Definitely not comfortable enough with my middle-age-ness to be buying a multi-pack of M&S cotton vests – so what the heck else is there out there??

perchypanther
    Free Member

A multi pack of cotton m&s vests?

mashr

A cardigan

hazzatrazza
    Free Member

Id go a cardigan, Uniqlo sweater (V- or round-neck) or a v-neck t-shirt. Grey, never white t-shirt especially if youre wearing a white shirts. Grey matches your skin tone more so wont show through the white shirt

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Uniqlo heat tech v neck. Brilliant things.
    Remarkable warmth to weight and really comfortable to wear under a shirt.

fasthaggis

Don’t go full headband but braces are back in.
    Rab C

toby1

More cake, the insulation will build up in no time 🙂

dashed
    Free Member

I think that’s the issue – I share the office with a few cake eaters who don’t seem to feel the cold and I’m proper nesh!!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPX365PEFITVEST/planet-x-pro-365x-sleeveless-base-layer

Very decent for a fiver, though you may want a more subtle colour than my neon orange one for an office environment. 😉

Kryton57

Seriously, M&S vests are very awesome and not to be underrated, don’t worry what others think:

a) They keep you snug in winter

b) You can top up deodorant without taking them off

c) They also somehow have a magic cooling effect when it gets warm – note that vests are also worn on hot countrys

d) The most important – if theres ever a terrorist attack at work you have instant Bruce Willis on your person.

I’m wearing one now, and have been since the age of 42 (not the same one, obvs.)

aP
    Free Member

2nded uniqlo heat tech. They do a v neck for undershirt happiness.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Baselayer for work under open neck shirt (AKA vest!)’ is closed to new replies.