Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bars with limited back sweep
  • jruk
    Free Member

I’m looking for some 720mm-740mm bars with not much back sweep as I get pins and needles in my hands and I reckon straighter bars would help (currently running 700mm Hussefelts with 9 degrees back sweep, 5 degrees up).

Any suggestions? And if anyone can explain the ‘science’ of sweep in the process that would great. Ta!

core

Renthal Fatbar Lite have 7 degrees of backsweep, 740mm wide & 4 rise options available

martinh
    Free Member

Just been through a similar search and ended up with some Thomson DH bars (780 but cut down to 760). All of their new range have a gentle 6 degree backsweep

JoeG
    Free Member

Try some Ergon grips!

Pins and needles is caused by pressure on a nerve in your hand; a few degree sweep will likely have little effect.

It may also be a sign that you have too much weight on your hands due to too much reach, bar too low, or even not bending your elbows enough.

jruk
    Free Member

Joe – the thought had crossed my mind but it’s only the outer edges of my hands (the heels?) that seem to take the pressure so I thought that straighter bars (and poss shorter stem) would help. I’ve got pretty broad shoulders and wrists feel a bit twisted in (if that makes any sense).

core

My bars are 660mm at present, I’m pretty broad shouldered & get aching hands, on the fleshy part below little finger, as I tend to hang over the ends of the bars on the lock on collars, I’m hoping my new bars (Renthals) will solve this, but might tight stuff trickier…….

JoeG
    Free Member

iruk – that’s exactly where the nerve it, the heel or outside of your palm!

Ergon’s explanation

Stevelol
    Free Member

I had the same thing after rebuilding my bar setup on to a different bike, slightly changing the angle of my brake levers fixed it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bars with limited back sweep’ is closed to new replies.