Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Barry Cryer
  • andrewreay

That’s made a bad day truly terrible.

Barry Cryer

An absolute legend – and that is a much over-used term, but he really was.

The world will be a lot less funny without him.

But through the sadness, thinking back to some of his performances on ISIHAC makes me smile a lot.

RIP Barry.

kelvin

Felt like he’d be with us forever. Funny ‘till the end. A bit of a hero really. Genuine legend.

Houns

Really upset when I saw the alert pop up on my phone. Legend is often banded around but he really was. He’s now with the Laird

timbog160

A great man. RIP.

Cougar

Ah, nuts.

donald
    Free Member

Oh no – that’s such a shame

Klunk
    Free Member

one of lifes pleasures is going on youtube and listening to old series of “I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue”

RIP

IHN

Yeah, genuine legend.

“Analysing comedy is like dissecting a frog,” he once said. “Nobody laughs and the frog dies.”

“I met my wife and Ronnie Corbett on the same day,” he once quipped. “I tossed a coin and married her.”

wingnuts

Sad day. Met him on a crowded train once and he was delightful. We just chatted about the day with no references to “show biz”. Most people didn’t realise the small drab pensioner standing next to them as a genuine legend.

MoreCashThanDash

One of the real greats of comedy, behind so many great shows and performers.

avdave2

Someone whose work I’ve laughed at all my life. RIP

Olly
    Free Member

Forever in Nidd

james-rennie

RIP.
    If you get a chance have a listen to his recent podcast with Danny Baker as a guest, really good
    (podcast is “Now, Where Were We? with Barry Cryer and Bob Cryer“)

Sandwich

Graham Garden is now the last of the original cast and probably a bit worried!

crazy-legs

Graham Garden is now the last of the original cast and probably a bit worried!

Colin Sell is still around.
    Was listening to one of the old ISIHAC just the other day. Radio comedy at its finest.

slowoldman

Someone whose work I’ve laughed at all my life. RIP

Sums it up for me too.

Bunnyhop

A very funny, intelligent gent.

The people he’s met and worked with is astonishing. His style of writing is all but lost now.

RIP you lovely man.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

God damn!

Thats taken the sunshine out of my day.

The-Beard

The other day I was listening to what must now be his final appearance on Clue.  Truly sad but he left such an incredible legacy, I suspect I’ll still be laughing at his jokes for a long time yet.

binners

He was just brilliant!

The casual manner he’d just drop absolutely hilarious one-liners was understated genius.

RIP

TiRed

“I haven’t had a career, just a series of incidents. I’ve been dogged by good luck all my life.”

RIP

fasthaggis

The casual manner he’d just drop absolutely hilarious one-liners was understated genius.

Aye,his timing and punchlines,like a beautiful ambush.

RIP

Houns

johnx2
    Free Member

Is it completely sad when someone checks out from a brilliant life? My feelings coloured by the fact he was at uni with my dad and actually it is sad I’ll not be able to corroborate now with either of them his contributions to lectures, as the generation ahead of me leaves the building…

Anyway, I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue continues to be one of life’s pleasures and i hope will outlast the lot of us…

frankconway

Truly one of the greats. RIP.

andrewh
    Free Member

Silver lining? Hopefully plenty of repeats and ‘best ofs’ coming up

binners

They were reading out his jokes on five live earlier. The man is a genius. My favourite:

A man is driving past a farm and runs over a cockerel. So he knocks at the farm door and says “I’ve run over your cockerel, so I’d like to replace him”

“Fair enough… the chickens are round the back”

Then they played him singing Anarchy in the UK to the tune of Singing in the Rain

Utterly inspired!

sparksmcguff

Silver lining? Hopefully plenty of repeats and ‘best ofs’ coming up

This. His writing credits are incredible in themself, but Clue was always brilliant. Balham bash is worth seeking out.

Cougar

Completely coincidentally I was talking about this just now – the original version of the more famous Monty Python sketch and… look who’s the waiter.

slowoldman

Someone on Facebook today posted a brilliant suggestion.

The congregation at his memorial service should sing the words of The Lord Is My Shepherd to the tune of A You’re Adorable.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Barry Cryer’ is closed to new replies.