Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • Bargin technical cycle jacket!
  • cozz
    Free Member

I’ll buy your medium. My mate wanted one and missed them

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my large is spot on – only trouble it looks too nice a jacket to get muddy!!

cozz
    Free Member

Scrap that he’s tried my xl on and wants an xl. Anyone got a spare ?

rich01483
    Free Member

aphex_2k I’ll take your large jacket off you. I’ve sent you an email.

kane10255
    Free Member

Check out tk maxx, full of dare 2be cycling stuff, have two of their waterproof jackets, 2yrs on their are like new. Paid £19.99 for each, bargain!

ruscle
    Free Member

Got my medium and its nice and fitted which is what I wanted as not using on the bike. I understand what other people have said about the cut as the waist is only just big enough and seems to be cut smaller than the rest of the jacket.

convert

Curious to see what turns up. Ruscle talks about the waist only being big enough and Stoner, with his 40″ waist, talks about there being plenty of room to built a (an even bigger 😉 ) beer gut into. Ex swimmer with broad shoulders and chest and relatively small waist here so I’m hoping Ruscle’s right!

catnash
    Free Member

I’m 36″ chest 31 waist. Small fit me great, just right as is my small GORE Phantom, enough room for me for a few winter base layers underneath.

ruscle
    Free Member

Also ex swimmer! the gut area has plenty of room its the very bottom of the coat is only just big enough (I think its called the hem?) . I did order a medium when the measurements would suggest a large would be better (34″ waist, 44″ chest)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Rich01483 reply sent to you.

Anyone got an XL they want to get rid of?

gt900uk
    Free Member

If anyone is looking to get rid of a medium i would be interested!

gt900uk@hotmail.com

peteimpreza

My XL should be here tomorrow so be on stand by for another swap potential.

robsoctane
    Free Member

ok all, a heads up – mine has arrived and it is a beauty but… I went for a ride and it’s very ‘breathable’ shall we say. It’s like a string vest to be fair, no need for pit zips as the wind comes straight through. I can’t comment on water-resistance yet though,

Rob

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Pete give me a shout if your XL doesn’t fit eh?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’ve done a ride on the SS with the pit zips and the top front pockets open for additional ventilation (the design means there is the outer fabric against the wind but mesh in the pocket to ventilate the jacket, weather dry windy and cold, working hard on the SS so some effort going in

It actually was quite comfortable, breathability seems OK with the ventilation, some dampness when I hit the pub but no rivers of sweat, no worse than other (posher, event etc) jackets for me in this test

for the money it was a bargain 😀

failedengineer

My ‘small’ arrived yesterday – not had chance to try it in anger yet, but it’s a good fit, if a bit snug round the hem. Seems excellent quality, easily as good as some of the more expensive brands I’ve had/got/seen. I suspect it may be a bit warm for summer use, ‘cos it’s quite thick fabric.

ask1974
    Free Member

My XXL arrived yesterday. I have a 45″ chest and (cough) 38″+ waist. The XXL is more or less perfect. For £36 you don’t expect much so pretty chuffed really. Exactly what I needed and about £100 cheaper than the stuff I was looking at in the stores 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

medium arrived yesterday, wore it around the office, wore it outside in the rain, nice fit, arm length is good… will prob need a layer underneath in the colder weather but i’m happy with it for the moneys 😀

sputnik
    Free Member

Got mine couple of days ago and think it is good for the money. XL is perfect fit for me, 6’4 and slim(ish).
    Like the cut a lot but when the hood is not in use the rolling/folding up doesn’t look very neat.
    Otherwise the pockets , zips, seam welds all very good.
    And the nicest surprise is that the jacket has a 3 year guarantee! Not shabby at all, D2B will repair , replace or refund if the jacket fails.

convert

Mine arrived yesterday (3 days to come 20 miles..). For £35 I think it’s a bargain as a general outdoor shell for active folk in everything but proper downpour weather but for me it’s not really a mountain biking top. Well, it is but for high mountain days or for trips that are more social that frantic but then again I’m more of a xc rider and it takes proper bad weather to get me in a jacket at all. Glad I’ve got it though.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday. Bought a small and the fit is perfect for roadie and mtb.

Got pissed off with my £180 montane event jacket that isn’t waterproof (despite doing everything is says to reproof it)

Looks very good quality

meandyuk

Got mine through – seems a bargain for the £35 I paid.

I got a size small and it fits okay but is snug, probably should have gone for the medium but i can live with it!!

Cheers OP

Matt24k
    Free Member

Got my small yesterday fits perfectly, I usually have a small in Altura stuff as well. Used it in anger this morning. 6 miles on the road at -1c then 16 miles off road with rain, sleet then snow! I was getting a little warm off road before it snowed so took it off for a while. It folded down almost as small as my previous nylon jacket.
    Put it back on for the 6 mile road ride back home in the pouring rain and got back warm and dry. For less than 40 quid it is a real bargain. Shame they have sold out.

MadBillMcMad

just been to dare2b shop at the chillfactore.
    I said it is 37 on the website and the agreed to pricematch.

willfaz
    Free Member

Tried this out today with an Endura Frontline underneath, this jacket on top, it was about 2 degrees. Stayed warm the whole ride, even got a bit hot towards the end. Not sure about earlier comments saying it wasn’t very windproof, I found it was actually very windproof, and it served brilliantly as a seat cover after the ride as well.

Definitely worth £31!

joec73
    Free Member

Any one care to explain how to make the roll away hood sit better :-).

Stoner
    Free Member

yep, I agree, perfectly windproof. Been out on a commute with it and walked across the common in a windchill the other night with only a mid-layer beneath. Very happy with it.

Hood rolling isnt ace, but a bit of an art form.

Special_ized_Jamie

If anyone has a large they want to sell I’ll take it

ssjeff
    Free Member

Cheap tat for the usual STW scratters.

You may aswell wear a tescos carrier bag as a coat.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what a well thought out balanced argument, I bet the special school is proud of your debating skills 🙂

ssjeff
    Free Member

what a well thought out balanced argument

No just a statement of fact. 😆

mick_r

Maybe not a very well researched statement of fact….

After 10 months use I’m still quite liking their stuff.

A year ago the scissors in A&E made a mess of my trusted Buffalo pertex windproof thing (they also last and work well – it was the 2nd Buffalo in 20 years – so I thought long and hard before changing to anything different). Once back on the bike, I took a punt on a Dare2B bamboo fabric bike windproof. I have to admit it is fantastic – better fit, no rustling, more breathable but still shrugs off an hour riding in mist / showery rain.

Pay more if you want but there is nothing wrong with Dare2B stuff.

willfaz
    Free Member

and to faulter any cost saving scrutiny, when I phoned them (and got transferred around a bit), everyone I spoke to was English… Not bad.

Also, consider that they are part of Regatta and Craghoppers.

convert

Cheap tat for the usual STW scratters.

Mine is hanging up in my wardrobe right next to my Rapha softshell.

Now try pigeon holing that you internet dweeb! 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

Went out in mine for the first time last night and found it to be comfy, warm and windproof so pretty happy, especially for the bargain price. So thanks to the OP.

Also, a bonus feature i found this morning is it also cleans up well if you happen to leave it on the floor in the hallway and your cat vomits its breakfast all over it…… 👿

stayhigh

I wore mine with a Karrimor SS jersey underneath on sunday night for the 12 mile road commute into work. It was very cold and there was a good covering of frost already out with a crosswind. The jacket warmed up quickly and I did most of the ride with it half undone but my arms felt a bit chilly.

When I got to work and took it off my arms were damp and so was the inside of the sleeves which would account for the extra chill mentioned. It could be that wearing a long sleeve top would have wicked better but it didnt appear to have breathed very well.

I’ll try it with my merino LS underneath next time and see how that goes instead.

Mintyjim

Hi, I bought an L and an XXL (for a mate). I’m happy with the L, as it’s cheap and I bought it for winter/spring DH and enduro riding. Sadly the XXL is too small for my mate, he’s a 49″ chest.
    Therefore it’s up for sale if anyone wants it?

I paid £34 posted so I’m happy to pass it on for this.
    Email in profile,
    Cheers

Sidney
    Free Member

MintyJim – I’ll take that off you. My XL is to small.

rascal
    Free Member

Sidney

I’ve been hoping someone would say what you’ve just said!
    I’ll take it off your hands for what you’v paid for it if that’s ok with you…
    XL sounds like the size for me and I just missed out.

Email in profile.

Cheers

Sidney
    Free Member

I just received an XXL and it feels tighter than the XL. Whats going on with Dare2be’s sizing?

Rascal, you’re in luck. If you want to give the XXL a go then mail me.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Bargin technical cycle jacket!’ is closed to new replies.