Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 175 total)
  • Bargin technical cycle jacket!
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

If I was on the outlook for MTB clothing Montane would be my first port of call. Their stuff actually works!! Dare2be, pffft wouldn’t pay that much for their stuff IMHO.

easygirl

If you rearrange the words and change a few letters in the Aldi description it is a gore wind stopper soft shell !

ruscle
    Free Member

Bought a medium but may require a large for everyone’s reference for future swaps. email in profile but will also post on this thread if I’m too chubby!

Trekster

simonralli2 – Member
    What’s a pit zip then?

Under arm zips to allow cool air in around your sweaty arm pits 😉

Slight hijack……………
    Hows Dad?
    Ae on Sunday for 11am ?…see mtbe forum. Davyg and his mates coming over from Stranraer.

sam2391
    Free Member

They offer exhanges just incase anyone hadnt seen that on the site, plus their own return insured postage for £3.50

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ruscle – i have mailed you in case i need a swap buddy

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Regardless of price, i find bike jackets are pretty disposable items. The amount they get sh1t up and need washing, nothing ever keeps beading water or breathes that well just cos cycling is pretty exerting.

So for 30 quid odd, seems reasonable.

o96192083
    Free Member

to be honest im not one to go out for a ride if it’s tipping it down with rain.

If, however, it starts raining whilst I am out, a water repellent jacket would be nice.

kmax
    Free Member

I Got one of these. http://www.craghoppers.com/buy/byron-gore-tex-jacket-189177 and at £80 incuding post i thought it was a good price for a gore-tex jacket.Fully waterproof and breathable.

easygirl

Just got he dare2b jacket
    In xl, too small and hey have sold out of xxl
    Before I return does anyone want an xl, ll let them have it for what it cost me £37
    It’s a great looking jacket, materiel looks good quality, if it fit I would be keeping it

Trekster

kmax – Member
    I Got one of these.

No dropped tail? Is it quite long?
    Any good for mtbing?

easygirl – Member
    Just got he dare2b jacket
    In xl, too small

Take that it would not fit my broad 42/44in shoulders?

MrTall
    Free Member

Easygirl,

I bought the XXL one on a whim and have a feeling it may still be too small for me (as in it’ll be massive in the body but as always the arms will be too short) and as a proper bloke, i never return anything, i just say i made a mistake and put it in the wardrobe forever….

If it is too small would you want it at cost?

RustyMac

easygirl,

How does it size up in real life? I could be interested in taking the jacket. my email address is in my profile if it is still for sale.

Cheers,

Rusty

big_n_daft
    Free Member

my XXL has landed

fabric is lightweight (hold up to light to see translucence) some stretch (not as good as OMM Kamlieka)

the cut is quite good , looks “technical” rather than bog standard raglan, sizing excellent for me and quite slim

pit zips are short and mesh backed

pockets have a soft lining

sleeves are long, slim and the fastening looks serviceable

hood is good with mesh for breathing if fully up

will test breathability on the SS this week, so far looking good and as long as it’s not too crisp packet seems to be a bargain

(and I’m comparing it to a Montane Event jacket)

kd48

Just got my jacket in L, usually I’m between a M & L, the L fits perfectly, sleeves are a nice bike-friendly length. Thanks for the original post, sam2391, and the discount code, zangolin. My missus thanks you too, now she doesn’t have to buy me anything for my xmas.

Cheers

easygirl

Mr Tall
    im betting sleeves will be ok, my xl sleeves were just right for me and i usually struggle with short arms in jackets

tinribz
    Free Member

An XL was waiting for me tonight. Depending on the make I can go wit a large or XL. Don’t like tight jackets, the XL feels a perfect fit. Soft material, nice long arms and ar$e coverage.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

if anyone has a M or L they dont want i’ll buy at what was paid for it, i just missed out! 😥

mulacs

My M has showed up this evening and its a touch tight in the shoulders and bottom, though arm length is alright.
    Swithering sending it back, anyone on here have an L and would want to swap for an M?
    If not, I’ll offer it up to the massive!
    Email in profile,
    Thanks!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

mulacs – Member
    My M has showed up this evening and its a touch tight in the shoulders and bottom, though arm length is alright.
    Swithering sending it back, anyone on here have an L and would want to swap for an M?
    If not, I’ll offer it up to the massive!
    Email in profile,
    Thanks!

Mailed you, cheers

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mine turned up this morning. Ordered a large but I cant even get the zip together. It’s a very small large.

I see they are all out of stock on the website.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Aphex what chest is it?

rascal
    Free Member

Easygirl

Just missed out…I tried a Dare2be softshell on on Saturday at Go Outdoors – by the time I got back to order one online, they’d all gone! That’s the size I’m after so if it’s still going I’ll pay what you did if it’s still going 😀

Cheers

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mosey, not sure to be honest. It’s probs on their website.

I always buy large, never usually have to think about it. This is just too small on the arms on me, and very tight around the bottom. It’s a bit too fitted.

Going to ring them tomorrow but if no XL’s are going to land it’ll either go on eBay or I’m sure someone here will snap it up (obviously same cost as I paid).

Sidney
    Free Member

Anyone got an XXL spare? Mr Tall, if easygirl doesn’t take you up on your offer I’d be interested. I may have an XL going if I manage to sort a bigger one out.

Sid

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ll let you know once mine shows up. I’ve got freakishly long arms even for my height so jackets raely fit me in arm length so it may well be available.

willfaz
    Free Member

Mine came today (the second not the first- that hasnt even dispatched yet?! – strange).

Anyway onto business. First impressions are that it’s quite nice. Fit is good for me, the adjustability is nice as you can do the cuffs very tight, good for stopping air coming up the sleeves, and also the good hood and neck protection is well done. The hood isn’t wired which is a bit naff, but you can’t have everything.

Four pockets which look fairly well proofed, not bad. Seam sealing inside is done badly, peeling at the ends, but it’s a £30 jacket.

On the whole it looks good, not £125 good, but definitely more than £30 good!

Can’t comment on breathability yet, but it’s not the most DWR jacket I have seen, light water rolled off, heavy water sept in a bit. But then it’s a softshell – shower proof not tap proof! Windproofing seems nice, blowing through it is hard to do (the ultimate test I am aware).

On the whole, wouldn’t have liked to pay more than £45 for it, but it’s quite nice!

Oh and with the arm length comment, I am average for the size, and found them a bit longer than usually, maybe an inch. Good for biking.
    The back of the jacket is slightly elongated too, again good for biking.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Looking forward to some ‘in use’ reports – I keep seeing nice looking D2B kit at seemingly good prices but having spent many unhappy weeks on the fells during uni boiling in Regatta’s ‘breathable’ best i’m put off them.

RustyMac

Sidney

If you decide to sell the XL, i’d be very interested. I was going to buy easygirl’s one but someone beat me to it. My email address is in my profile if you decide to sell.

Cheers

Rusty

LS
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday in medium. I’m tall and fairly skinny with long arms, the arms on the jacket are just about long enough but another inch would’ve been nice. It’s not the most fitted cut and is a bit too long at the front for riding in. The hood is good but the rollaway feature is rubbish.
    I’ve treated it with Nikwax softshell proof already to give it a bit of a helping hand but it seemed to bead water well enough.
    All in all, for the price, can’t really fault it. No way I’d have paid full whack for it though!

cooie

Showing xxl in stock now. I bought L, but a tad too small. Anyone got xl that’s too big?, could do a swap.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Large up for sale. Please note it’s a “small” large.

Drop me a line. £38 posted.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My large fits me perfectly. Good jacket for the money – would I have paid 3 times the price. Dunno. Having looked at what other brands sell for around the £125 mark, I wouldnt be happy to pay £125 for those either.

Pieface

Anyone have experience of these and the On-one winter jersey?

dknwhy

Cheers for the heads up on this.
    My medium arrived yesterday. Fits well. Think it’s definitely worth what I paid but wouldn’t want to spend £125 on one. Good value for what it is and has got some good features.

toons
    Free Member

I just sent a L back to Dare2b, they’re picking up Friday, so check the website next week.

martinhutch

Just got my Medium. Good sizing, not super snug (I’m 38 chest and 32 waist). Overall impression is reasonable quality.

Heading out with just it over a t-shirt to pick up the kids. That may give me an indication of how wind resistant and warm it is…

martinhutch

Not bad. You wouldn’t want to stand around in it for too long on a cold windy day, mind you.

Hood is cut nicely as well.

Stoner
    Free Member

mine’s arrived. XL, Im 6’4″ and 44″ chest, 40″ waist.

Interesting cut – bit snug across the back of my shoulders, loads of spare room to build a beer gut into it, and then narrower again around the hem. Reflective highlights are very good and contrast well off the black. This will be my london commuter top so that’s a plus. Hood is nice as are pockets (4x in hand positions for keys, phone etc. None big enough for an OS map though). Long tail combined with the snug hem will keep the draughts and rain out. Nice long arms.

mulacs

Would anyone like to buy my Medium jacket for what I paid for it? £32+postage without checking.
    I’m going to return it tomorrow if noone on here would like it!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Bargin technical cycle jacket!’ is closed to new replies.