Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • bands/musicians you know you’ll love but haven’t got round to yet
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

I figured everyone must have a list like this, even in the streaming era.

These are bands/musicians who I know I’ll like according to my tastes but for some reason I haven’t made time for them yet. Perhaps sort it out in 2021.

Afghan Whigs – I’ve had ‘Gentlemen’ for years and it was okay but they’re my kind of band. Perhaps give it another few listens. I heard ‘Arabian Nights’ on the radio a few weeks ago and it was stunning so need to get acquainted with their back catalogue (BC)

Nick Cave/Grinderman – Love him but not au fait with his extensive BC. Which brings me onto:

PJ Harvey – I’ve got ‘stories from the city…’ and love it but not really heard her previous albums. Not that taken with her latter ‘auto harp’ period. But, she’s just awesome.

Killing Joke – I like a lot of the band’s they’ve influenced but never heard them, apart from ‘eighties’.

The Cure – I know ‘disintegration’ backwards but only know their greatest hits outside of that amazing album

Neil Young – just about the only major artist from late 60s psych era that I don’t really know his BC, aside from his famous songs

‘Bitches Brew’ Miles Davis. Not listened yet. If its like instrumental early Funkadelic with trumpets then I should be all over it.

‘Trout Mask Replica’ Captain Beefheart. I need to get this out of the way. I love ‘safe as milk’ but thats accessible Beefheart, i think TMR would probably take 20 listens to get your head around (file under ‘free jazz’)

the list could go on and on.

what are yours and perhaps we can help each other point people in the right direction with entry points for each band/musician

DezB
    Free Member

Mercury Rev comes to mind – had one album (with a rabbit on the cover), but only recall stuff from old John Peel sessions… so, what I did was buy a bunch of albums off Ebay (Music Magpie £2-£3 each!) and intend to list to them. Never got round to it, what with my obsession with listening to new stuff all the damn time.
    Have done the same with Mazzy Star 🙂

Killing Joke – I’d recommend Revelations. Or the Best Of with the Pope on the cover
    and PJ Harvey – Dry and Stories from the City. Oh and Rid of Me.
    Reckon you could get the lot for a tenner on the ebay 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘bands/musicians you know you’ll love but haven’t got round to yet’ is closed to new replies.