Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Backpacking bag for a lefty
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

im currently starting out bikepacking on my Salsa Vaya, currently running a kanga on the front but it’s not compatible with the lefty on my cannondale. If I decide to take the Habit on a longer more technical challenge I need a handlebar harness that with fit the lefty. Any ideas?

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think the best solution would be to make/get made a small rack, either minimal to support the harness bag or a bit more detailed so you could just strap a dry bag straight on.

Two upper mounts on to bars and a single lower mount. Does the steerer tube have a hole at the lower end? You could fit an expanding plug and fix a mount to that.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Ideally I’m after one that uses the head tube as a lower support point rather than two straps that go round the fork

stevemorg2

Have a chat with Beth at Wildcat

http://www.wildcatgear.co.uk/shop/

If they don’t yet have a product they may have another solution

steezysix
    Free Member

Revelate and Alpamayo both do harnesses that go round the bars and head tube, not the fork legs.

middleagedmadness
    Free Member

Ortlieb bar roll attaches straight to the bars and head tube ,I’ve got both a kanga and a ortlieb , I much prefer the ortlieb it just seems there’s much less movement with it ,if you shop around you can get one for about £75 ,plus it’s 100% waterproof even if you drop it in a river

fudge9202
    Free Member

I  prefer a harness that the drybag can be removed from so the Ortlieb wouldn’t suit I’m afraid. I’ll give Andy at backcountry Scots a call as the site is showing the revelate one is out of stock

montgomery
    Free Member

On One Podsacs – ditch the three rather useless velcro straps, replace with two long wrap-arounds and a short stem/head tube attachment, and you have a perfectly competent harness and drybag for £15.

AlasdairMc

The Blackburn one will work. A mate used it around the Cairngorms Loop with a Lefty and it was fine.

benp1

My Revelate harness would work fine

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My harness from Triglav would work, it doesn’t attach to the forks.

its a very similar design to the Revelate one.

This is the Revelate one:

Revelate Designs Harness

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just doing a bit of research on google images, found a guy in Poland, bikepack.eu, the double twist harness looks ideal. Anyone any reviews

wheeledwidewebb
    Free Member

I am in the same boat, have considered the Topeak Frontloader.

whatever you choose, won’t the myriad of cables be in the way?

fudge9202
    Free Member

I only have two brake cables, a remote dropper cable and a single shifter cable do not really a myriad. Should work fine, I hope.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Backpacking bag for a lefty’ is closed to new replies.