Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Back to school
  • anagallis_arvensis

😥
    That is all

nickjb
    Free Member

kayak23

😥

theotherjonv

first day at secondary for my youngest daughter – she’s so excited!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

As a parent…

Yeeeeeeessseesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m dancing on the ceiling.

Drac

6 long weeks before another week off.

My kids go back on Wednesday and Thursday.

tomhoward

Add in a train strike on my commute to complete the misery…

muggomagic

As a parent who has a son that’s starting secondary school today and memories of just how daunting that seemed to me then, I’m not as happy as I might usually be today.
    Apparently he was happy enough this morning so obviously made of sterner stuff than his Dad 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Ours go back tomorrow. So do I – the downside of a term time contract 🙁

Eldest started his first day with a paper round today!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh yes, eldest starts high school in tommorow. He’s a bit nervous, but looking forward to it. There’s a very complex plan afoot for his classmates to meet on the way there.

Youngest starts School Nursery on Thursday, she can’t wait, she’s been asking to go there everyday since the last taster day in July.

But still Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!

johndoh
    Free Member

Ours go back tomorrow (yr 4). We are expecting tears (as always) from one of them – she has never dealt with new terms/years well and now her very best friend (and emotional rock) has emigrated to Dubai with her family 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

not yet it isn’t. 2x INSET days FFS! Lazy b’stards can’t possibly have training days sometime in the previous 6weeks when the school is closed. Oh no. 👿

timbur
    Free Member

We home educate. What are terms????
    😀

jimdubleyou

not yet it isn’t. 2x INSET days FFS! Lazy b’stards can’t possibly have training days sometime in the previous 6weeks when the school is closed. Oh no.

Here’s a hint, the school is CLOSED!

jimdubleyou

Double post…

Stoner
    Free Member

I reckon the head might have the keys!

geoffj

Here’s a hint, the school is CLOSED!

I know, it’s weird – who does have keys to building anyway?

Edit : beaten to it by stoner

Stoner
    Free Member

anyway I could stop and bicker, but the children are about to be home-schooled in Advanced Firewood Management and Logpile Geometry. Double period.

geoffj

No domestic partial amputation classes? 😕

Edukator
    Free Member

If it’s so fantastic and money for nothing with never ending holidays, why aren’t you a teacher, Stoner?

perchypanther
    Free Member

No domestic partial amputation classes?

I’m sure they’ll be able to pick up a few tips. 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was very smug riding past a queue of traffic into Milton Keynes this morning, and the kids aren’t all back until tomorrow so I’ll be even more smug in 24 hours.

jimdubleyou

anyway I could stop and bicker, but the children are about to be home-schooled in Advanced Firewood Management and Logpile Geometry. Double period.

Pretty sure the teachers doing 2 days of irrelevant CPD would be more than happy to join you 😛

bob_summers

Whole family starts on Thursday, the better half and I are both teachers so we’ve been on holiday since mid June, which makes going back a bit of a wrench.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Whole family starts on Thursday, the better half and I are both teachers so we’ve been on holiday since mid June, which makes going back a bit of a wrench.

Now that’s a proper summer break! Where do you work…and are there any CDT jobs?

I’ve already been back for 2 weeks!

robbo1234biking

Wife’s first day at work this week as a TA at a School. She has the whole week as training before the students start next Monday!

gonefishin
    Free Member

not yet it isn’t. 2x INSET days FFS! Lazy b’stards can’t possibly have training days sometime in the previous 6weeks when the school is closed. Oh no.

Absolutely. I mean every other professional uses their holiday time when attending training right?

jekkyl

yeah but every other profession doesn’t have the luxury of 13 weeks of holiday and funded by the public purse providing a service that virtually every family uses.
    Never mind teach, just another 6 weeks till you get another hol.

gonefishin
    Free Member

yeah but every other profession doesn’t have the luxury of 13 weeks of holiday.

And pay is largely adjusted in accordance with that fact.

The amount of leave people have is irrelevant. No-one uses holidays time to cover training.

edit. Just to be clear I’m not a teacher. No way would I want to have that job.

lunge

yeah but every other profession doesn’t have the luxury of 13 weeks of holiday.

Irrelevant, whatever your holiday allowance, you wouldn’t expect to have to use it for training purposes. But then you also wouldn’t expect to have to do preparation and paperwork during your holidays either and I’m pretty sure you’ll struggle to find a teacher who hasn’t done that over the last 6 weeks.

sobriety
    Free Member

yeah but every other profession doesn’t have the luxury of 13 weeks of holiday and funded by the public purse providing a service that virtually every family uses.

Nice troll, but if I had to spend the other 39 working weeks surrounded by thousands of other peoples kids, I’d need that time off to prevent me from murdering some of them!

Which is probably why I’m not a teacher.

molgrips
    Free Member

Our school had today down as an inset day, then at some point over the last term they added tomorrow as ANOTHER inset day. And we only found out via our own Facebook friends.

FFS!

I’m still ‘working’ from home on Friday though when the kids will be out, so me and Mrs Grips are going to Five Guys for my birthday lunch. Ssh don’t tell the kids 🙂

geoffj

Irrelevant, whatever your holiday allowance, you wouldn’t expect to have to use it for training purposes.

Perhaps, the holiday allowance shouldn’t have to match the pupils’?

lunge

Worth noting that irrelevant of when the inset days are there is still the same number of school days each year. So you’re not losing or gaining anything, it all adds up to the same.

Drac

Ah! I love the start of new term threads look forward to them every year. Let’s have a pop at the teachers as they want 1 day at school to prepare for the term with no kids.

lunge

Perhaps, the holiday allowance shouldn’t have to match the pupils’?

So you would, perhaps, want the teachers to come back to work a bit before the pupils in order to do their training. Maybe they could go in on the Monday after the summer holidays and then the kids could come in on the Wednesday? They could also take the odd day off during the year to do more training, again allowing the kids to take the day as holiday. Yeah, that would work I reckon.

aP
    Free Member

I thought it’d be carmageddon this morning – but it wasn’t.
    Only some shit audi and bmw driving on the way in today – just waiting for the properly shit driving – volvo and seat – to start tomorrow.

dannybgoode

Got babybgoode ready in record time this morning.

School starts tomorrow… 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

So you would, perhaps, want the teachers to come back to work a bit before the pupils in order to do their training. Maybe they could go in on the Monday after the summer holidays and then the kids could come in on the Wednesday? They could also take the odd day off during the year to do more training, again allowing the kids to take the day as holiday. Yeah, that would work I reckon.

Perhaps expect the teachers to attend school for 200 days per year, and the kids for 195? That might work?

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve been back for just over two weeks, but I did break up two weeks early.

Wife is back today, youngest starts secondary tomorrow, and eldest back to secondary on Wednesday.

Having no kids in primary school is making me feel older than turning 40 during the summer did.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Back to school’ is closed to new replies.