Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Baby scans
  • shreck
    Free Member

When you have your first scan done is the date and name hard printed on the copy of the scan please?

DrP

Usually you have to pay a few quid to get actual images printed. An it depends on the local set up.
    Probably is the answer.

DrP

molgrips
    Free Member

Wasn’t with us. Didn’t consider it a big deal.. we have kids now to remind us of having kids 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

It was on ours (and we didn’t have to pay) but all authorities are slightly different. In some parts of the country they won’t even tell you the gender.

Of course, more interesting is the question ‘why do you need to know’? 😯

stevie750

I have one from a glasgow hospital, it has
    mothers name
    hospital
    date time
    size
    some codes

Torminalis
    Free Member

On ours there is mothers name, DOB and labels for Twin A and Twin B!

Holy crap.

Was free too.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have an assortment of scan pictures (about 16 in total from two different hospitals) some have my name on some dont, they all have dates on.

In my job I deal with lots of medical imaging and am quite used to seeing images without dates and names

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yup, my name and the date of the scan are on the hard copies of ours.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Will depend on the scanner used and the custom setups the hospital use.
    I would expect the date to be there 100% but the names can be removed for various reasons.

Is there any particular reason you are asking this?

johndoh
    Free Member

Ours just has ‘666’ printed on it.

I don’t know what it means.

Pook

his ex trying to pull a fast one IIRC. It was covered in a previous thread

xcstu
    Free Member

Yep Mothers name, Hospital, Date, Time

Oh and had to pay for ours ;-/

marcus7
    Free Member

Ours did, and it cost a couple of quid, if you are not sure just ask them before they print them, also be careful that they are not on the old thermal type printer as putting them near a heat source will ruin them!. First child i assume and coming up to 12 weeks?, good luck fella and get some rest…. youll need it 🙂

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Never used one where the date is not a immovable field. I think in light of the context there is something nefarious going on.

in most scanners the patient data will be along the top border.Could the pic you have been cropped to exclude this? Guessing you would not be happy posting the image on here.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I dont think its the baby that’ll be causing the sleepless nights!

Good luck

stevie750

Just read the other thread.

If she is only two months pregnant then it is unlikekly that she will have had a scan.

first scan (in glasgow) is at 12 weeks, might be different for other places

marcus7
    Free Member

Ahh, didn’t see the other thread… sorry about that, anyhoo good luck anyway

mrsflash
    Free Member

If she is only two months pregnant then it is unlikekly that she will have had a scan.

Unless she has a) paid for a private one or b) had an early one due to bleeding etc.

meehaja
    Free Member

just a thought… take copy of picture to community midwife (usually based at local GP) ask them if it is of an 8 week old baby. Chances are, if it looks like a baby its not.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Will depend on the scanner used and the custom setups the hospital use.

Some scanners print some data onto the electronic image. What is depends on the scanner/setup and can’t normally be changed. However, if the images are DICOM (they almost always are now), selected DICOM data can be written to the hard copy. Whether the person printing knows how to/is prepred to do this. The DICOM data is included in the image headers and is editable, unlike the scanner data which is part of the image if that’s what you mean by “hard printed”

EDIT – just looked at he other thread. Normally we don’t provide hard copy images, we provide images on CD. These are DICOM images and the headers with name, date, institution, etc are readable although not normally visible. If can get a CD, reading the headers is easy

cookeaa

Both of ours had Mothers name and date printed on them, payment was a Suggested donation of a couple of quid, seems gittish not to pay it TBH…

First born was out of wedlock, second once I’d made an honest woman of her, but the evidence of our shame is captured forever on the scan pic’s…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Baby scans’ is closed to new replies.