Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Autumn gloves
  • MartynS

It’s getting to that time of year where the Fox ranger gloves I use in summer are a bit to thin and cold, and the endura winter gloves are a bit to warm..

What can we recommend as a good autumn/spring glove?

Ta in advance!

1timmy1
    Free Member

100% Brisker, the same feel as summer gloves with a small bit of insulation.

qwerty
    Free Member

100% Brisker.

mattkkitch

@1timmy1 is correct

matt_outandabout

NOT Madison – we’ve two pairs of winter or autumn gloves and they are poorly designed, neither do a great job. I don’t think anyone rode with them on before signing off and placing the order for a bazillion of them.

Best autumn gloves we’ve got are a pair of (thick) Roubaix fabric Giro gloves – warm, breathable and just warm enough.

fazzini

100% Brisker or Endura windchill. I’ve got a 4 year pair of the enduras and they are still one of the best gloves I have ever had, even when wet through

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Fox Legion.

You get the thermo, which is very similar to the brisker, and you can also get the standard version which is water resistant and has a slight fleece finish on the inside.

I prefer them aince they don’t have clammy, overly hot, easily ripped neoprene. I know fox fit me better too.

teethgrinder

Brisker.
    Also a good summer glove. Although the top is thick and warm, it’s impervious to bastard nettles.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Was just about to ask this very question!

For those recommending the briskers, are they the same thickness as the brisker hydro ones? Use the hydro ones in the cold but could get a bit warm in general autumn mixed bag weather?

scaredypants

Ah, came on here to say “Fox Ranger” – presumably you’re not in southern England ☀

stevede
    Free Member

Sofaboy73 – Brisker hydros have the thicker/annoying dual layered palm, the standard Briskers are much more like a regular glove just with a slightly thicker insulated backhand, perfect for this time of year for me.

Northwind

Another Brisker here. Not warm enough for me in winter but great for this time of year.

Fox Sidewinder Polar is good too, but generally more expensive and the sizing’s a bit weird. The “polar” name is ridiculous, they’re not especially warm

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Defeet Dura.

ajantom

Got Briskers, and they’re ideal as an Autumn glove. No good for anything colder though.

My only issue is the wrist velcro stopped working after a few months of use and a couple of washes.

chaos

Defeet Dura.

+1

Look very similar to the mid-layer glove of the Dissent system and excellent on their own. Somehow the knitted element combines just the right amount of warmth vs breathability to cover quite a range of temperature.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Agree with Matt re Madison. Used some labelled as autumn use/windproof last weekend up high in the Cairngorms and they were poor. Windchill was pretty high and I’d have been in bother but for some silk liner gloves in my bag. Pity as I like their other kit.

sharkattack

I just bought some new Briskers and they’re an improvement over my old set. I didn’t know they’d updated them but the new cuff arrangement is nicer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Try these for cheap…
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLCARULRAG/carnac-roubaix-gloves?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtrSLBhCLARIsACh6RmhPP7Czx15h2vH94IelLO6xHxbUN6KC5-oCC_3lYqgFZ_UZk4v0dI0aAs3UEALw_wcB#CLCARULRAG-XLG-BLK

Very good for road or MTB – and softshell gloves are much more durable than conventional MTB gloves, which always go through on the palms or fingers in the end.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Look very similar to the mid-layer glove of the Dissent system and excellent on their own. Somehow the knitted element combines just the right amount of warmth vs breathability to cover quite a range of temperature.

It’s weird, they seem too basic but just work. When it gets too cold for them they are stretchy enough I just pull another pair on over the top. That’s enough for most winter rides for me.

hainman
    Free Member

Fox Ranger FIRE gloves
    Bit warmer than my Briskers
    Have a longer cuff to so keeps the wrists covered

FOG

I use the Galibier Ardennes gloves which they call light winter gloves. For me they just aren’t warm enough for winter , I have very chilly digits, but ideal for Spring and Autumn

slowoldman

I have a Dissent set. The knitted glove on its own is excellent. I believe they used to be sourced from Defeet. I was concerned it might be a slippy on the bars, but no. Over a silk inner (also part of the set) it’s that bit warmer again.

MartynS

I got the 100% brisker in the end.
    Brilliant. Really comfy, ta for the recommendations

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Autumn gloves’ is closed to new replies.