Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Autocad
  • curvature
    Free Member

I’m starting my own small business and want to buy Autocad for use either on a PC or a Mac.

Does anyone have a seat for sale?

It must be original and not a copy.

kevj
    Free Member

You tend to find that you purchase a license from Autodesk which is registered to the individual so I think you’ll struggle to find one second hand. Google for Autodesk reseller UK and pick one nearby. You will have an initial outlay then a yearly subscription upgrade.

curvature
    Free Member

I understand what you are saying but to be honest all I need is the basics.

I have used Autocad for 20+ years and it is what I know.

All that i need to draw is basic 2d plans so can’t justify a full current version.

cp

Will draftsight be enough for you? Interface very similar to AutoCAD. I’m not an autocad user though so it may be subtly different…

http://www.draftsight.com

nickjb
    Free Member

Have a look at draftsight. It’s pretty similar to autocad for 2D stuff and it’s free.

Edit- too slow

ChrisHeath

LT any good? Download it, use it for a month, see if it does everything you need. Much cheaper then the full version.

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/adsk/servlet/download/item?siteID=452932&id=14875323

greeble
    Free Member

autoCAD don’t allow transfer of license between different parties.

Klunk
    Free Member

odd that, as they do on 3ds max. 😕

toys19
    Free Member

curvature you will be able to transfer your skillset over to the free solid edge 2d package very easily, it’s an autocad clone.

siemens solid edge 2d.

greeble
    Free Member

odd that, as they do on 3ds max

really don’t think do. You can install it but you wont get support such as free upgrades to new versions when they are released etc

Taff
    Free Member

I use it a lot and don’t need anything other than LT. Been running 2013 for the past few weeks and it’s full of glitches. £1200 is still quite a bit of money though.

tails
    Free Member

Is LT £1200!! 😯

I’ve worked for companies who get special copies, I understand students doing that but companies!

Perhaps contact a university, they might have unused seats!

greeble
    Free Member

Perhaps contact a university, they might have unused seats!

using a student edition for comercial work… 😕

ChrisHeath

Is LT £1200

Yep, I remember when it was about 500 quid…

paddy0091
    Free Member

Sketchup no good?

curvature
    Free Member

Thanks people, I should really have said LT but as a few of you have said it is now £1250.00

I remember a few years back you could buy it PC World for £450.00

There was a guy in the USA who was taken to court by AutoDesk for selling used seats of Autocad. He won!

I’ll keep searching and try the freebies to see of they are any good.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I use Progecad.

It’s a few hundred quid and totally CAD compatible..

curvature
    Free Member

I have just downloaded and installed Draftsight on my Mac and have to say i’m really impressed.

I have opened up and played with a DWG file created on LT2011 and the format appears very similar to Autocad.

I have a scheme to draw over the weekend so I will give it a proper try out. Thanks again to CP and Nickjb!

Off to look at Progecad now.

toys19
    Free Member

I spent 4 years using lt 1999-2003 for me thaqt solid edge 2d is a virtual clone.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I just downloaded Draftsight. It’s nicer then Progcad but not quite the functionality. After a few minutes use it seems to lack a “past to original coordinates” command, which I use a lot.

Think I’ll be using Draftsight more often though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Solid edge is pretty intuitive, and free if you’re sticking 2D. It’s the way forward I think. Most companies don’t charge for the software these days, they just ensure the license is hardware linked to the license server and you have to let them know if you’re going to change it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Autocad’ is closed to new replies.