• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tiim.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Attach stuff using bottle boss points
  • mrmrhill
    Free Member

Hello. How are we all? Anyone know of alternatives to bags that use bottle boss mounting points for carrying the essentials tools, tube and inflator. My new frame has loads of bottle bosses

kelvin

The man to answer this is @drjon … not sure that he still uses this forum though.

prezet
    Free Member

Wolf Tooth b-rad straps?

Spin
    Free Member

Zefal z box or such like.

mlltt
    honourablegeorge

The 76 Projects stuff above is ideal, and their dry bag keeps all the crud off.

eyestwice
    Free Member

My new frame has loads of bottle bosses

Cotic? 🤔

Mowgli
    Free Member

That wildcat thing – £25 for a bit of molded plastic?!

How about this – and you can take it out and put a water bottle instead. Possibly not niche enough or expensive enough for some though.

TiRed

76 projects make some nice well-though kit. I use their Garmin mounts for TT extensions. Or just use a tool bottle 😉

I use these from decathlon about £3 and I have a few.

https://road.cc/content/review/147422-btwin-tool-bottle

Onzadog
    Free Member

How heavyweight is the 76 Projects dry bag? I’ve tried using drybags under the saddle before but they don’t last long, too light and flimsy.

From the pics, the 76 Projects one looks rubberised and heavy duty. Anyone used one?

jimdubleyou

This b-rad thing is going on my new bike when I get it.

https://www.mtbriders.co.uk/accessories/216-wolf-tooth-b-rad-mini-roll-top-bag.html

dRjOn

Thanks for the nudge @kelvin – yep – exactly what strap decks were designed for! @Mowgli – it is 3d printed (in the UK) but I accept it is not cheap! moulding would be considerably cheaper, but you need to have a mould made and that is really expensive in the UK (perhaps less if you can look to the Far East). It is an economy of scale thing – If I start selling hundreds, it would be possible to invest in a mould. we’ll see – id certainly like to go down that path.

They are, however, strong, light and versatile. With the Gfunk clamps they can be mounted in various orientations to the handlebars and used on forks or frames. They dont take up much real estate when not in use either, so are pretty clean looking.

These pics are Fairlight Cycles.

fairlight 1

null

mrmrhill
    Free Member

You knows it 😉 it’s arrival is getting closer

honourablegeorge

I have a couple of the 76 drubags, been spot on, I don’t even take thwn off when hosing down the bike

jamiea
    Free Member

really expensive in the UK (perhaps less if you can look to the Far East)

Tooling is China can be an order of magnitude cheaper than tools made here! Peice part cost also a lot less. I’ve got a couple of contacts I could pass on.

Jordan

Topeak Ninja range. They do boxes and pouches and other stuff that attach to the boosses as well as a bottle cage Topeak

tiim
    Free Member

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BAPODTFB/podsacs-tarpaulin-fork-dry-bag-(4-litre)-with-cage-and-ties

Bag and cage – will inevitably be £7 or £14 or some other random number in due course too

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Attach stuff using bottle boss points’ is closed to new replies.