Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Assos Roubaix bibs and fit………..
  • Alek
    Free Member

Planning a pair of Assos T Roubaix FI Mille Bibs and just trying to get an idea of the fit.

I'm 172cm high, 36in chest and weigh 64kgs. (racing snake!)

Sml-med-lrg? I'd say medium all the way………but should I order a small or large as a back up when ordering.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I am 83Kg, 34 inch waist in jeans, xxl in Assos 851's but they dont stretch too much, you need to try em really

EDIT: Sorry should add they are longs not shorts, but you probably guessed that.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I have Assos F1 Uno Bib shorts and I 5'11 81kg and large fits me perfect. Very comfy Shorts.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Try different sizes (Your normal size and one above and below), when you've found the ones that you think fit try them on again and then try them on again, otherwise you could make an expensive mistake.

Alek
    Free Member

Mail order……….so should I go for medium + large?

One of those two is bound to fit best if they are indeed on the small side.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

IMO Assos are not on the small side.

Alek
    Free Member

So if there on the large side. I'd be better off ordering a small + medium as I'm bang on in the middle as far as the size chart goes on Wiggle.

DeanoT
    Free Member

I'm a similar height and build to you (5' 11" and 68kg) and large fit perfectly – Assos sizing is based more on height than weight – I think they assume that you'll be of a reasonably athletic build.

Those 3/4s are lovely btw. Even more expensive now than they used to be :^/

fliptophead
    Free Member

Err 172 cm = a smidge under 5' 8" I reckon. I'm 173 and a 32" waist, not a 'skinny' build, and mediums are a comfy snug fit.

Alek
    Free Member

Mediums ordered…….cheers

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Assos? Mail order? are you mad? Any bike shops round your way?

Alek
    Free Member

Not ones that stock Assos mate. Highlands of Scotland. The edges of civilisation.

Otherwise………obviously I would, as I'd prefer to try them allon first before spending the cash which is why I'm asking about the size!

But if they don't fit or I don't like them, I send them back just like every other internet purchase I've made this year. Which is why internet based suppliers are so busy these days 🙂

If I want the best on the market I have to order it……fact. Either through my LBS or other.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Assos Roubaix bibs and fit………..’ is closed to new replies.