Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Assaulted on my morning ride! 😟
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Get a knackered phone to carry in your pocket & if it happens again*, chuck it at him/them.
    Keep your actual phone hidden obs.
    *Hope it was a one off!

malv173
    Free Member

Most of my routes feel pretty safe, but I think I’m gonna look into that side button 999 tip.

Sorry it’s taken your awful experience to learn that. Little a holes. Hope you can get through this OK.

lairdburkart
    Free Member

Had a few things like this happen to me. And not always the young ones neither.
    Takes a while to get the head right after.
    One thing that always helps me is when I caught a gang member on his own and he actually cried as he thought I was going to hurt him!
    I did not of course but maybe he grew a brain.
    They are mainly just daft children young or old.
    Stay cool and keep riding
    Stuff em

neilthewheel

That sounds like a horrible experience OP. I would at least ask the police to refer you to victim support and don’t be afraid to ask them for counselling. I had a bad experience that Durham police made far, far worse with their inept response and I had two years of mental anguish that put me on my arse. Try not to let it get to that stage!

goslow

Damn, that is somewhere I occasionally ride, I’d best watch out. I was recently in the woods near Houghall (which is close to there) when our little dog was almost flattened by a lad out of control on a bike.

In defense of Durham Police when I had my garage broken into they did recover some of the stolen items and made a successful prosecution.

oceanskipper

That’s a good shout re the victim support – thanks. I went out this morning and was decidedly nervous – I avoided the route in that I used yesterday and in fact I may never go that way again, at least not in the early morning anyway. Utter scumbags.

For anyone local this is where it happened:

https://goo.gl/maps/sFsaGic1Eu1a8jCN8

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody else amazed that the yobs were up that early?They must have been up all night.

oceanskipper

Yeah they looked like they had been out all night, they were wasted, eyes all glazed and bloodshot.

redthunder
    Free Member

This ought to ping to GCN or GMBN

Could they of been after your bike or was it just attempted murder ? “bye”

Zen waves sent your way.

Looking into the 999 thing on my phone now, and I must watch more Jack Reacher (Series version), get some tips.

oceanskipper

Tbh I think they were contemplating coming down the bank to get the bike but given how steep it was they thought twice, in that time I had dialled 999 so they gave up. No 1 scumbag definitely was after getting hold of my phone. It wasn’t a targeted attack as there is no way they knew I’d be there and they weren’t lying in wait. If the bike was their target they could have got it before I went down the bank. I go out a lot but it’s not at the same time and often I go elsewhere.

Kryton57

This is terrible news, ad luck OP and I’m glad you are safe.

The same thing happed to Russ Jones of Hackney GT fame on Wednesday night. Riding home from Beastway racing and he’s had his bike nicked from under him. He needs it for upcoming completion, really bad news.

fasthaggis

That is bad news Kryton,used to know Russ,hope he’s OK.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

They will have been on drugs OP. I always try to remember that the North East is actually the Wild West. Vigilance is required at all times.Take care,Neil.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

The front of my ‘steed’is also shod with bomber 55rs!You really wouldn’t want to get in front of it.

northernsoul

Awful to hear OP, I hope you get the help you need to get past this and recover your mojo quickly.

OH runs down there from time to time. The Sherburn Road estate has a bit of a reputation – she’s been ok so far but tends to stick to non-quiet times of day.

As for Houghall woods – they’re very nice (especially at this time of year), but do occasionally attract some unusual types. Not so long ago a man (now caught) had a habit of running naked through the woods alongside joggers.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

The front of my ‘steed’is also shod with bomber 55rs!You really wouldn’t want to get in front of it.

??? Is confusion, why not?

jamj1974

OP that is shocking! Couldn’t believe what I was reading.

funkmasterp

Hope you’re okay OP. It’s a terrible feeling when something like this happens to you and, as others have stated, it can take a few days for you to process. The little **** will pick on the wrong person someday.

yiman
    Free Member

This makes me both very sad and very angry a the kind of world my kids are growing up into. Hope you are ok.

grimep
    Free Member

good to know where our taxes are going

oldnpastit

grimep
    Free Member

good to know where our taxes are going

Conservatives cut ~15,000 from the police numbers.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.