Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 693 total)
  • Ashes 2013
  • zokes
    Free Member

I didn’t ‘single’ KP out

Really?

Pietersen’s knock of 70 odd in the first innings means jack shit.

The ashes are lost, Pietersen clearly and obviously plays for himself which is fine when he’s scoring heavily. He isn’t scoring heavily these days in test cricket. A tainted luxury we can no longer afford. Should have been cut loose after the texting thing. Will be cut loose after this series I’m very hopeful.

I can’t see you mention anyone else there

yossarian
    Free Member

Ha ha. This is becoming farcical. Let me spell this out for you so there can be no further ‘confusion’ on your part.

The 3 posts prior to mine that you referenced (2 by dannyh and one by you) were about KP. So was mine.

You replied

I replied to you, stating that I didn’t think it was just down to Pietersen.

Is that clear for you now? Cos it should be.

You are one angry man zokes, and you have wrapped this round your bollocks.

zokes
    Free Member

You are one angry man zokes

Nope, I’m pretty happy sat on my sofa watching the cricket, summer breeze through the house and a cold beer in hand. You on the other hand seem to be getting increasingly terse, chatting nonsense for no apparent reason.

As you said you didn’t want to talk about cricket, I’ll ask again – please go and not talk about cricket elsewhere

zokes
    Free Member

At last – Cook’s not the only captain off his game – Why on earth is the injured Watson bowling, especially when he still needs to bat??? Madness!

yossarian
    Free Member

lol

What a dick

zokes
    Free Member

Honestly, I go out for an hour or so and all of a sudden we lose 4 wickets. Grrrr.

psychle
    Free Member

Very evenly poised now! 5 down with a lead of 182, anything under 300 and it’s on I reckon 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Senseless from Stokes. Do English batsmen ever look where the field is before playing shots?

zokes
    Free Member

Here we go….

zokes
    Free Member

FFS. I think KP was correct in his assessment that when batting with the tail, he’d better score sixes because they won’t last. Brainless from Broad.

psychle
    Free Member

3-1, luverly 😀 8)

zokes
    Free Member

Haddin’s a bit of a tit, isn’t he

psychle
    Free Member

Nah, mind games innit? Plus, probably looked different from behind the stumps. Make that 4-6, not going to make 250 😀

psychle
    Free Member

Make that 5-6! Engerland really balls’d that innings up you’d have to say, but good solid bowling from the Aussies, now to see if Warner comes out with a licence to hit out this evening?

zokes
    Free Member

Engerland really balls’d that innings up you’d have to say

I think that’s got to be high on the list of most abject batting performances I’ve ever witnessed.

ask1974
    Free Member

Not sure what to say… Went to bed at 10-0 and woke up to see us batting! FFS let’s just pack up and go home.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Phew bed now. All out for 173 when I wake up?!?
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO #

Was meant to be a joke – well I guess a joke was appropriate in the end!!! Sad, sad display.

Only one thing more predictable and obvious….. 😉 …if only he would follow his own advice.

dannyh
    Free Member

Strewth. I go to bed and wake up to this. Yossarian, I honestly thought it would be me that zokes finally lost it with when his blind praise for KP became untenable.

England have ballsed this one up again. Barring some kind of kamikaze mentality from the Aussies or a mysterious smuggling of a dukes ball onto the ground, England are going to be off to Sydney looking down the barrel of five nil.

I haven’t seen any play yet, but it sounds like KP batted ok. Well done Kevin. Is that ok with you zokes?

Let’s just put this into perspective. This is an Australian side that contains Steve Smith. No decent side would contain Steve Smith. He has got a ton in this series as well. It also contains Shane Watson at three. He is not a test three. He also has a ton in the series. They also have a spinner who bats eleven, another no-no as far as good test teams are concerned.

England are very likely to lose five nil to a side that isn’t very good.

Rubbish.

zokes
    Free Member

Yossarian, I honestly thought it would be me that zokes finally lost it with when his blind praise for KP became untenable.

Nope, you are at least consistent, if predictable. I’m not sure how it’s untenable, given that with the exception of Cook, he’s the only English player to stand up this game. But I guess that’s just because he wanted to, right?

I haven’t seen any play yet, but it sounds like KP batted ok. Well done Kevin. Is that ok with you zokes?

He did, and it is.

Cook played very well for his 50, Carbs looked all at sea. Duck knows what Root was playing at, ditto Bell. Stokes and Bairstow tried to emulate Pietersen, but forgot to emulate his talent also. Bresnan and Broad look like number 11s at present, which left Jimmy and Monty to stare down 150 kph of MJ. And two of their bowlers are injured FFS! Frankly, a more appalling display of English batting I’ve not seen (I was fortunate enough only to follow live text updates of the debacle in the Windies a few years ago)

yossarian
    Free Member

Dannyh – So did I 🙂 bizarre and embarrassing for the bloke.

Utter garbage from England again. I’m actually enjoying it now. Cook’s captaincy is untenable now surely and there needs to be big changes behind the scenes and in the pitch. I’ve been watching a bit of SA v IND as light relief. Steyn, Morkel and Philander would bowl us out twice in a day.

zokes
    Free Member

embarrassing for the bloke

It must be for you, having to resort to hurling insults at someone who you’re trying to portray as the foul tempered one when you lose an argument. You must be gutted to see KP batting well again today.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yossarian.

Yes, South Africa are still the ‘big boys’ at the moment. They would stuff this England team out of sight right now.

We can’t lose sight of what an average team this Australian bunch are. Context is everything.

zokes
    Free Member

I think SA host Oz in about six months. I guess we’ll see then, but I broadly agree that England have been embarrassed by a team that is in itself an embarrassment by Australian standards.

yossarian
    Free Member

We can’t lose sight of what an average team this Australian bunch are. Context is everything.

Dannyh – Yup, we have been humiliated by Nathan Lyon and Steve Smith. 😯

It’s so rubbish it’s funny.

binners

Christ on a bike! Can anyone actually hold on to anything?! pitiful!!

RichPenny
    Free Member

When will it end?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

RichPenny – Member
    When will it end?

Before lunch?

RichPenny
    Free Member

I shouldn’t be laughing 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

it has this is just torture as england show how they can turn a winning situation into a capitulation and humiliating loss

They have created scenarios where they could have one from in a few matches but never failed in their ability to never deliver

Batters have really underperformed.

KP has at least stood up but some of the other have batted beyond poor

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Starting watching via iPad while washing up and caught first wicket immediately. But this is slow water torture now, so time for shut eye. Aus to win by 6 wickets when I wake up?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Aus to win by 6 wickets when I wake up?

9 I think

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was trying to be optimistic mike!!! Started at by 7.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I vote for Piers Morgan to come in for the 1 dayers. It’s the only way we can salvage something of value from the tour.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The only positive of the series was watching Brett Lee trying yo take that pricks head off, I thought the record attendance was so everyone could have a go.

dannyh
    Free Member

If I’d been able to have a crack at Morgan I might have even fetched the Beamer out.

What can I possibly say about this England performance and the series in general? I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room and at the team meetings.

What is Flower saying, for instance?

Is it “don’t worry, we’re just being unlucky. We got to number one in the world with this approach”.

Is he throwing stuff around and effing and blinding?

What is he doing?

Five nil is now odds on. How are England in this situation?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have the 1 days games started?
    Oz 4/94 @ Lunch

RichPenny
    Free Member

Particularly chipper at Warner failing again. True he has got 500 runs in the series. Still 250+ behind his target though 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stoked for Stokes too, looking better every time he gets the ball 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Oh dear, another ‘not really good enough’ performance so far today.

Why has Root been left out? Is he injured?

ask1974
    Free Member

Well done Stokes and well wrapped up. Yet again we have them cornered at 97-5 and can’t close it out, another good knock from Haddin and Smith, Haddin has been a real thorn in our side all series and has prevented a late order tumble on several occasions – we really haven’t done enough to work out how to get him and paid the price…

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 693 total)

The topic ‘Ashes 2013’ is closed to new replies.