Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Asgard shed is damp. Am I entitled to condensation?
  • kayak23

Getting a shed load of condensation on the underside of the roof in my Asgard Trojan. It’s forming big drops and dripping onto my bikes and the plywood bits and bobs causing little mould spores.

Anyone else found a good way of getting over this?

I’ve got some silver bubble insulation I could stick on the roof I guess. The shed is open both sides but against a wall in a small yard so maybe doesn’t get the best airflow.

Should I add more vents maybe?

How are you metal shed enthusiasts getting along?

stumpyjon

If its uninsulated metal you will get condensation. You need to insulate it, prevent the damp air coming into contact with the metal.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve got a trimetals storage box – had it ten years now and never had an issue with condensation. Mines in a very sheltered spot with a shed next to it and a big tree and wall behind it. It’s been a superb buy and is still in great condition.

Mine has foam sponge strips down the sides where the roof touches the main body of the box.

ton

i have a asgard. it dont get condensation.
    is it all sealed tightly?

tonyf1
    Free Member

Two Asgard sheds, one a Trojan and both have no condensation. Are you storing anything that could be damp e.g. riding jacket?

eskay

Got any leaks?

mick_r

I’ve got an Asgard garden shed for brazing / playing with fire. Also got over general DIY stuff dumped in there. All dry and no condensation. Guess you are either storing wet stuff in there (bikes after washing / riding?) or working in there during cold weather (breathing out water vapour).

LeeW

Never had a problem with mine, I have a full bike tool kit in there, not a dot of rust on anything.

I do have a couple of old socks stuffed with wood cat litter in there too. I guess that helps a little – never changed the litter in over three years though.

kayak23

Are you storing anything that could be damp e.g. riding jacket?

Yeah, the bike after washing I guess. I hose it off and stuff, give it a shake and a bit of a lube but it’s still damp.

myti
    Free Member

We had condensation in our asguard at our old place. Sorry don’t know about solutions but moist air will condense on a cold surface.

frankconway

Advice will rain down on you.

chrisyork

Yep, ours gets moist too on the roof, assumed there was nothing we could do, we have nothing regarding insulation in, just the bikes. Usually get dried and put away after washing so will still be damp as such… we just live with it based on the fact they’re tough as… and assume there will be no problems

JohnnyPanic

Cheap 6mm yoga mats from decathlon and some Evo Stick spray glue.

kayak23

^^^ good call Johnny 👊

ta11pau1

I get a small amount when it’s really cold, I have the big motorbike one so I just stick an oil filled radiator in there on a timer to take the edge off.

tillydog
    Free Member

Yeah, the bike after washing I guess. I hose it off and stuff, give it a shake and a bit of a lube but it’s still damp.

You need more ventillation so that air can circulate and get the moisture out.

kayak23

Cheers all. Camping mat on the ceiling and some additional vents needed I think. 👊

Kahurangi

Yeah, it’s removing the moisture from the damps bikes that is key. I’d always get my bike dry before putting it away in a similar shed, but of course your situation may be different.

smashit
    Free Member

Never had a problem with mine, but then I’m in it twice a day every day so the airflow might help.

MarkyG82

Solar powered/triggered pc fan with a 90deg bend (pointing down) as exhaust? Bit of a grate riveted to the metal for security?

gummikuh

Bit overkill, but maybe a van vent might be useful? I have one on the van and it does seem to work. Think they are made by Flettner, but I have seen lots of knock off versions on the bay for cheaper.

kayak23

Yeah I had a quick scan for solar powered vents. Might be worth looking at, though I’d rather cut a hole in the sides than the roof really.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Is sticking ‘insulation’ directly on to the metal roof a good idea? I may be completely wrong, but I wonder if this would just create a pockets of trapped moisture and ultimately create a bigger problem with mould.

I’d leave the roof uncovered and either put a seperate membrane up with a ventilated gap or just leave it, ventilate the shed more and stop storing wet kit.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Asgard shed is damp. Am I entitled to condensation?’ is closed to new replies.