Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Artur Stiniog – will I die?
  • PrinceJohn

Going on a group trip there later this year. I’ve done uplift days at BPW and can get down the reds there.

I’ve heard Artur is more downhill oriented tho? I usually ride my Whyte T-130 at BPW and touch wood isit’s be ok, will it be tough enough for Artur?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not only will you not die, you’ll have a great time. I went on my long travel 29er trail bike and it was fine. Had a few punctures so either run tubeless or higher pressures, and bust a spoke, but I have a burly wheel set so just carried on and the wheel was fine…didn’t even go out of true. I ran every run except for the double diamond one and to my surprise wasn’t the slowest out on the course that day.

It is knackering though. I ended up bailing about an hour or so before the session ended as I was just exhausted and didn’t want to have an off from being too tired.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I wouldn’t know where to draw the line really, BPW is big into ‘progression’ and have been making their trails ‘bigger’ year on year.

AS is certainly rockier, I know that!

nickc

AS has some bigger features, but most of the reds and blue there are rollable, and pretty much wheels down if you want. Go for the single black after a few runs just to prove to yourself you can, the double black has some unavoidable stuff that’s probably more fun on a DH bike. Weather is often changeable

P-Jay
    Free Member

Weather is often changeable

Thats polite, weather is ‘often shite’ ha ha

richardkennerley

Nah. I’ve done the blue and red on a hardtail. It hurts, but you won’t die!! 😋

grannyjone
    Free Member

It’s not much harder than  most other trail centres apart from the double black Diamond. I’d still recommend a go on the Y Du Double black, even if its beyond your ability you can still get down it just slowly. When it rains the difficulty goes up a lot because the slate gets slippy, especially on Black Powder (the regular Black)

jamesmio
    Free Member

It’s ace – you’ll love it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Artur Stiniog – will I die?’ is closed to new replies.