Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Arranging a collection and delivery of an expensive bike – help!
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’ve been offered a good deal on a private sale for a bike, the problem is the bike is in London and i’m up in Edinburgh.

I have posted bikes before but nothing to the £1500 value of this one. In the past i’ve used parcelforce and aside from bashed boxes and late delivery the service has been fine but i want to be 100% sure on this one but of course dont want to spend loads on the delivery alone.

The seller will box up the bike for me btw.

any ideas?

thanks in advance, jonathan

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Personally, for something of this value I’d be looking at taking time off work and going to collect.

Bonus is calling in at a few choice riding locations on the way back.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Insurance

markenduro
    Free Member

Cheap train ticket and go fetch, you also get to see the real condition of the bike before parting with the cash

IWH
    Free Member

If collection isn’t an option (or you trust the seller) then book the collection through Interparcel.com

They use the major courier companies (not Parcel Farce) and give you their discount (account) rates. The last full bike I sent with them cost £18 for before 3pm next day delivery. You can add insurance if you pay a little extra but I’ve never had a problem with them and I’ve used them plenty of times.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Insurance and absolutely insist the seller doesn’t let the driver take the bike without leaving some form of proof of collection.

WTF
    Free Member

Heard good reports about these guys….Paisley Freight

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cheers guys!

chakaping
    Free Member

If it were me I’d book through Pacelforce and insure. Might cost £25 or £30 total but money well spent.

I use Interparcel for lower value items, but have heard bad things about their willingness to pay out on the insurance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Arranging a collection and delivery of an expensive bike – help!’ is closed to new replies.