• This topic has 65 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by bsims.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Argh anyone got 275k free😂
  • duncancallum

So the house I want is back on the market but there’s a catch its 1st person with a completion date to win.

So I’m now barreling towards being homeless on the chance my solicitor isn’t a lazy ****

My other option appears to be raise the cash till my house completes and I can then mortgage the new one

It’s a car crash

Dickyboy

1st person with a completion date to win.

Blimey, good luck with them sorting that out 🤔

revs1972
    Free Member

Please send me your bank account details 😉

fasthaggis

Ignore revs1972 he’s an absolute chancer.

Just message me all your account details, mother’s maiden name, favourite colour, place of birth and passport number.

I will sort out that 275k quicker than you can say “I am homeless” 🙂

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Just set up a religion. That’s an easy way of making legitimate money from gullible idiots.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Ignore fasthaggis he’s an absolute chancer.

I can get you the funds by tomorrow esteemed fellow.

It will be facilitated by the swift and expeditious methodology of you furnishing me with a small and minor transfer arrangement to the tune of $10,000 US dollars only.
    Once received in my account I will be happy to arrange, via the process of

Etc

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So the house I want is back on the market but there’s a catch its 1st person with a completion date to win.

Offer a fiver with completion tomorrow.

Or offer enough above asking to solve the issue and do things normally.

The problem is they’ve committed to a purchase they don’t want to fall through and the current buyer has pulled out. No-one above them in the chain will be in a hurry to find a new buyer assuming the vendor of “your” house gets a prompt offer and start progressing it quickly.

Alternatively just make the offer with a fanciful completion date as they can’t hold you to it anyway.

oldnpastit

Setup an appeal for money to pay for election fraud law suits?

I hear it can be a great way to raise some easy money.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

We had saved a deposit, so took out a no-tie-in mortgage on the new place, which allowed us to keep the buying and selling process seperate. However we had to have the the stamp duty and fortunately we completed the sale not long after the purchase. A no tie in will let you pay off as much as you want, with the penalty of slightly higher % rate.

db

Set up a new PPE company – Boris and Hunt will throw the money at you quicker than a dancer on a pole!!

fasthaggis

Post an advert in Private Eye..

duncancallum

It’s in Scotland so it’s a different kettle of Brexit fish.

I’m selling/sold in England and buying in Scotland.

A legal offers binding so you cant make a legal offer with out certainty

Hence the mess.

5lab

isn’t this what bridging loans are for? they’re not cheap, but they do the trick.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Somebody did

Hence the mess.

For what it’s worth being in Scotland along with “there’s a catch its 1st person with a completion date to win.” sounds like they have a problem with the potential to cost a lot of money that they’re trying to make “you” liable for. It has all the hallmarks of being a sale you do not want to be involved in.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Check out SoMo. I lend money to people in your position.

nuke

So how about a link to this dream home so we can all be nosy? 😁

oldtennisshoes

Nope – you need a better solicitor.

airvent
    Free Member

Ahh house chains. I’ve been in one for 6 months now that’s probably going to collapse this week because a house builder has lost his bottle.

duncancallum

It’s long winded so for clarity

So we saw a house we wanted – Not sold ours couldn’t bid

We then got told House we want back on the market, we then had sold ours

but this is where it goes wrong…. it wasn’t they had agreed to an extension as the rival buyers had an issue. This extension was agreed twice for some reason and lapsed yesterday.

We were led to believe at this point we’d be in and winning….

So sellers have removed the missives and it’s back on the market

BUT

Now theres 3 of us after the same house and the sellers have said 1st to a signed contract on their property wins.

So my house is sold surveys done. Searches actioned etc my buyers house is the same so our chains good.

But we’re racing 2 other parties to the post.

Does that make sense?

duncancallum

Oh and a bridge wont work as I dont have enough free cash

I’ve 100k once I’m sold here which is our deposit.

Stressed out over it and not very happy as I feel I’ve been led on a touch by the agents and vendors

airvent
    Free Member

That’s ridiculous, I’d back out if any property where the vendor refused to take it off the market once theyd accepted my offer. Do they really expect their solicitor to deal with three potential other solicitors until they reach the point they’re ready to exchange?

muddyjames
    Free Member

Get back on right move.

You want to make sure everything is tickey boo with the house you are buying and so should your conveyancer. Having a deadline May jeopardise this. Why is it now back on the market.

The dream house always seems that way until a better one comes along.

duncancallum

Its Scotland so theres slightly different things to take into account

I’ve 2 solicitors English and Scottish. My Scottish one will only step in once my sales done here. So

House is pre surveyed, I’ve also a builder look at.

What I’m after is niche, I’ve been looking 3 months and to be fair nothings come up that comes close.

A written offer (in basic terms) is binding and is almost a contract and then you go for an entry date. If you dont complete on the entry date your in the shite.

So until contracts are signed here you cant fix an entry date. As our legal system means you can back out at any point which is the main crux on the 2 differences.

Vendors have been burned by the original buyer and have said who ever is in a position to give us offer with an entry date 1st will be accepted and then it’s done and closed till completion.

I’d be better if I was renting as I’d not have the vagries of 2 systems to cope with.

Buying in Scotland from Scotland is brilliant buying in England from Scotland is fine this ways shite.

Terrahawk can vouch for this.

If it falls flat I’m off renting to put me in a better position.

tall_martin

That sounds a humongous ball ache.

Tell the sellers to do one and find somewhere else.

Good luck!

If it falls flat I’m off renting to put me in a better position.

Sounds crap but your best option.

We have Sold ours and agreeded a price 6 weeks ago. The people we are buying from haven’t found somewhere to move to after 10+ viewings.

I’m getting super itchy feet and am going to start looking for somewhere else

poly
    Free Member

That’s ridiculous, I’d back out if any property where the vendor refused to take it off the market once theyd accepted my offer. Do they really expect their solicitor to deal with three potential other solicitors until they reach the point they’re ready to exchange?

I’m not sure you understand how house sales in Scotland are “supposed” to work. Until the early 2000’s the model was very much – you made a formal offer, which was legally binding if the other party accepted (and usually they’d have something like 72 hrs to accept). There would be some conditions in there about coal reports, or planning permissions for extensions etc but generally speaking no way for a buyer or seller to back out just because they wanted to, hadn’t sold their own house etc. You’d have had your survey done BEFORE offering etc. Then in the craziness of the naughties people realised that rather than paying for surveys on houses they didn’t win was expensive and they could make offers ‘subject to survey’ and it was low risk for the seller as the surveyors were banging our reports saying whatever they wanted. Then solicitors started sneaking in all sorts of other clauses, like subject to us selling our house, or subject to getting a mortgage, etc. The situation with surveys changed where sellers had to provide the home report when advertising but these other escape clauses remained in many offers. The market had shifted. For tentative buyers who don’t have their ducks in order it was a good thing. For sellers its become a minefield – the whole principle the these were binding offers has been eroded.

It strikes me that that seller is simply trying to get back to “how it should be” when you make an offer in Scots law, and the seller accepts they are then bound by a contract with financial consequences for breaking it. They don’t really want the earliest entry date (or they would take the £5 tomorrow offer), they want a binding offer with a reasonable entry date, at the price they expect. My priority would be on making the cleanest offer at the right price as soon as works for you rather than trying to beat the opposition on speed. Are you brave/stupid enough to tell your solicitor to make the offer without any carve-outs for your own chain falling through? That’s what they will be worried about, particularly with a buyer coming from England where the reputation is that happens all the time.

poly
    Free Member

My Scottish one will only step in once my sales done here.

Tell us a bit more about that? Its over a decade since I’ve been in the market but there are different types of Scottish property solicitor (and indeed some who may be a bit schizophrenic depending on the characteristics they detect in a client). AFAIK there is nothing to stop a Scottish solicitor from making a proper binding offer on behalf of a client who is exposed to a huge risk if their own sale falls through, so long as they have fully explained that risk to their client and they think the client understands it.

duncancallum

I get you and I’m not sure how its ended up here.

All I know is all 3 of us are dependent on english sales. One of which has rumbled on for weeks with extension after extension. Hence why they’re pushing for the offer to be placed on a signed english sale

I’m not instructing my Scottish solicitor to make an offer until I’ve an signed contract on here. As till I’ve a signed doc my English sales not binding. And I’m not being sued over a missed entry date.

Once one of us has made a formal offer with a sensible completion date it’s done.

Your right they just want a sound clean offer and who gets to that point 1st wins.

I’m in limbo as I’m waiting on searches on here. It’s more frustrating than anything.

duncancallum

Oh the sellers have another house already that they own.

My gut feeling is they’re pissed at the original buyer and dont want to be burnt again

boxelder

It’s not near Moffat is it?

duncancallum

No nearer newton stewart mate.

boxelder

Good luck, great part of the world.

akira

Yeah there always seems to be stuff going on behind what agents tell you, we’ve had two incidents where agenys not entirely truthful. Once we were told the sellers were thinking out offer over, then after five days of thinking it over another offer appeared and it seems the agent was expecting the offer and instead of just telling us what was going on they strung us along until the second offer appeared then it was last and final offers. The second time we put offer in and there was another offer in but they hadn’t sold there house so agents shouldn’t have really considered the offer as they weren’t able to precede.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Buying in Scotland from Scotland is brilliant buying in England from Scotland is fine this ways shite.

It can be quite griefy. When we moved to Scotland for a few weeks we had both houses, but it worked out ok.

duncancallum

So as an update…..

Our solicitor in Scotland had a call from the sellers solicitor asking us to offer…..

So we did, usual caveat of completion dates etc.

And we’ve got it……

https://gapinthemarket.com/property/barwhirran-croft-newton-stewart-dg8-6bl/

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Very nice. Completing tomorrow?😉

paino

Nice place, what’s more, you’ve a great local bike shop in the form of Kirkcowan Cycles. Top notch servicing & repairs since the introduction of some decent guys!

tall_martin

Congratulations!

duncancallum

So as an update we move in 02/02.

Cant wait the stress has been horrific!

matt_outandabout

Nice one

Bear
    Free Member

Looks like very near the distillery one of the nicest gins I’ve had. Hills and Harbour.
    Lovely part of the world.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Argh anyone got 275k free😂’ is closed to new replies.