Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Are these SRAM TL pads?
  • phil5556

They look about right but not listed as being.

Also for a trip to Morzine would you go for Kevlar or organic?

Kryton57

They look the same as mine op.   I would say I find that the Uber bike pads seem to get through 50 of thier life PDQ then seem to last a bit longer.   I have lightweight rotors which are thinner than SRAM OEM and the “new pad to lots of lever throw” experience can occur over the course of one XC Marathon for me, putting the thought that my pads are vanishing quickly firmly in my head.

Based only on my own experience I’d be nervous about trying those in Morzine, but someone else may be able to provide more confidence.

joebristol

If buying uberbike I’ve found race matrix compound the best with Sram guides. I think the backing plates are thinner and the pad material itself is thicker.

Tracey

Been using Race Matrix for years on all our bikes both in the UK and in the Alps and never had a problem. Prefer them over the originals that come with the brakes. They also do a semi metalic which is more in line with the pads SRAM come with

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/search/Sram-level

phil5556

Cheers, I picked the right ones then 🙂

The race matrix ones are out of stock unfortunately (although obviously would be best as they’re called race).

Turns out it’s a mine field if you’re looking for advice on what compound to go for.

I wonder if I should just go for organic and get some sintered for of it’s wet? Priority is stopping over durability.

joebristol

The sintered ones are ok – just a little down on outright power va the race matrix. I think I’ve got sintered ones on the hardtail at the moment and they’re ok.

Kryton57

It’s the sintered I’m talking about.  Based on the above I might try the race matrix.

phil5556

Race matrix back in stock 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Are these SRAM TL pads?’ is closed to new replies.