Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Are the Brits more lazy and selfish that other nations
  • khani
    Free Member

What did you drug them with?

Cheese…. 8) proper blue stinky old mans dead feet cheese…..

kaesae
    Free Member

The US has a shit load of problems as well, I know a lot of europeans and they have a far different attitude to most brits.

As elfin said earlier they are also willing to put in a good days work and don’t complain endlessly as if it’s thier god given right.

donsimon
    Free Member

As elfin said earlier they are also willing to put in a good days work and don’t complain endlessly as if it’s thier god given right.

Somebody hasn’t been to Spain, have they?

nealglover
    Free Member

…..and don’t complain endlessly as if it’s thier god given right.

You are the perfect advert for that statement !

You take complaining to another level. Get off your high horse you muppet.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its not so much the Brits, its the English.

TooTall
    Free Member

kaesae – have you travelled abroad? You seem to have quite an insular view of things. I don’t just mean tourist spots either.

?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know a lot of europeans and they have a far different attitude to most brits.

Brits are European.
    HTH

kaesae
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

…..and don’t complain endlessly as if it’s thier god given right.

You are the perfect advert for that statement !

You take complaining to another level. Get off your high horse you muppet.

I have every right to complain when it is justified, as for my high horse and me being a mupped, with that much wind have you ever considered playing or that you might in fact be a TRUMPET!

kaesae
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcMNCW9Peg[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

And the first bitch slapping of 2012 goes to……….?
    😆

kaesae
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8cfspT6Qo[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

To you don don don to you don don!

OK, it was funny the first time….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oof. Great retort there from Kaesae, it has to be said.

In fact, it surely deserves the Elfinsafety Seal of Approval. 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

I have every right to complain when it is justified

Maybe if you used that “right” a bit more selectively, people would be more inclined to listen.

Ranting endlessly about the Royal Mail has done you no favours.

What happened today, did a twix wrapper blow into your garden and you thought……

“I must go online immediately and complain about this to some strangers”

😀

kaesae
    Free Member

The UK has a vibrant and diverse ecommerce community/sector, it requires an adaptive, effective, efficient postal service, more now than ever before!

As for ranting, I enjoy a good rant, so shurrup!

😀

konabunny
    Free Member

more ranting than doing, apparently.

kaesae
    Free Member

I know what a Playboy bunny is and what they wear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playboy_Bunny

But WTF is a konabunny, I think I’ve found one and what they wear ❓

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNh4rDFfp0&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dman%2Bdancing%2Bin%2Bwomens%2Bunderwear%26page%3D1[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

Is posting irrelevant and random videos what your therapist recommended as treatment for your Anger issues ?

Edukator
    Free Member

Glass half full? I watched our president’s speech last night and his glass wasn’t even a quarter full. I’d mentally run through all the positive stuff he could have included in his speech before he started, none of it was used to interupt the flow of gloom.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello Edukator, where are you from?

For me there is a very noticeable slide into lazy selfish behaviour over here in the UK, everything from drivers on the roads to rubbish littering the streets and beauty spots.

I for one would like to see those responsible be held to account or at the very least challenged!

Edukator
    Free Member

La République française.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is posting irrelevant and random videos what your therapist recommended as treatment for your Anger issues ?

Well, I use this technique but with pictures.

It works a treat, as it helps me feel calm.

kaesae
    Free Member

How do you find living in france in terms of your mental state, also what are the people like where you live ❓

I find the atmosphere in the UK to be stuffy and oppressive, the excepted norms are simply stupid and it’s expected that we should all go along with the useless idiocy of the way of life and culture here!

Nothing works as it should, costs what is estimated and nothing gets done at the end of the day, I think the words I’m looking for are stagnant, delusional insanity.

Still it could be a lot worse and life compared to a lot of people is good, for me anyway.

What’s it like for you over there and how safe is it to ride a bike ❓

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey elfin, I do it because it makes me laugh, especially the cheaky monkey pulling the dumb ass pot lickers tail and leg. Very funny and very relevant to this thread me thinks 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s it like for you over there and how safe is it to ride a bike

I lived in Spain for 10 years and I have found the return to the UK quite difficult. You can imagine the Indurain and Contador effect, can’t you? I still find it strange that traffic won’t actually stop here for cyclists at junstions and roundabouts, in Spain the cyclist had priority, everywhere. In certain areas the traffic wasn’t allowed to overtake cyclists as it was deemed dangerous, over here it frightens the living shit out of me. No wonder there are so few world class cyclists from the UK.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I’d say less lazy and selfish than many other nations.

brakes
    Free Member

I think the words I’m looking for are stagnant, delusional insanity.

think again, and try a bit harder.
    you clearly have strong views about this so you’d do well to come up with a clearer and more coherent viewpoint rather than just throwing emphatic but baseless words together.
    to answer the original question, Britain is full of all kinds of people, on the whole though I’d say we were far less lazy than many other nations.

No wonder there are so few world class cyclists from the UK.

your troll is weak don solo

donsimon
    Free Member

I think 23 Spanish riders against 8 GB riders, 3 in the top ten against 1 would support my claim. No troll, just an observation cycling is significantly safer in Spain through the protection provided and although the population is smaller more people go riding, more people go riding, more peole make it into the pro ranks.
    UCI Pro tour riders.

Edukator
    Free Member

The French at their best are inspired and Napoleon’s “impossible n’est pas français” is apt. However, if you take three URSSAF employees, three other “fonctionnaires” and make sure at least four are FO militants then really simple things become properly impossible. 😉

I like it here and like the people, in the last 24 years the UK has gone off on one tack and I’ve been on another. The England of my youth no longer exists and a visit is a “foreign” holiday.

druidh
    Free Member

don simon – Member

I lived in Spain for 10 years and I have found the return to the UK quite difficult. You can imagine the Indurain and Contador effect, can’t you? I still find it strange that traffic won’t actually stop here for cyclists at junstions and roundabouts, in Spain the cyclist had priority, everywhere. In certain areas the traffic wasn’t allowed to overtake cyclists as it was deemed dangerous, over here it frightens the living shit out of me. No wonder there are so few world class cyclists from the UK.Which is ironic given that there are twice as many road accident fatalities per head of population in Spain than in the UK.

kaesae
    Free Member

brakes – Member

I think the words I’m looking for are stagnant, delusional insanity.

think again, and try a bit harder.
    you clearly have strong views about this so you’d do well to come up with a clearer and more coherent viewpoint rather than just throwing emphatic but baseless words together.
    to answer the original question, Britain is full of all kinds of people, on the whole though I’d say we were far less lazy than many other nations.

No wonder there are so few world class cyclists from the UK.

Hahaha!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESxWyPoK6tA[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

Where’s the irony? More cyclists, more accidents.

TooTall
    Free Member

Kaesae – I’ll ask one more time. Have you been anywhere else outside the UK?

don – I don’t think the road accident fatalities are all cyclists.

donsimon
    Free Member

don – I don’t think the road accident fatalities are all cyclists.

Good point, I missed that. 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

Check out the fatalities per km cycled Druid, Germany may have more cyclist fatalities than the UK but the Germans cycle many more kms and less get killed per km. And that’s just using the official EU stats. Having ridden a bike through many countries I think the UK stats people are lying about bike use. Out on my bike for a few hours in France or Germany I’ll generally see tens or even hundreds of other people on bikes, not in the UK.

Spain is highly variable IME. Riding a bike over the hill in Aragon is great, in Barcelona it’s just as dangerous as London.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah, riding on the roads is a bit mental at times. I think most statistics are open to shall we say interpretation, however if you’re going to qoute them they should be view in relative terms to frequency, duration and intensity 😀

That was some entrance brakes! are you by any chance wearing a cape ❓

joeegg
    Free Member

I’ve known Spanish cyclists who were badly injured by poor Spanish driving.Its usually elderly Spanish who have never taken a test(either driving or eyesight).
    There should be less accidents in Spain because the roads do not have as much traffic on them.
    For me the main roads in Portugal were really dangerous and i avoided them at all costs.
    My Spanish neighbours complain all the time about the government,pensions,immigrants etc.
    Younger Spanish friends seem to be quite happy to be on the dole or on sick,and most work in bars for cash.
    A neighbour in his thirties has not worked for 3 years and last year bought a new Golf at 27,000 euros.This is his going out car as he also has a small Opel.His mother complains that his social money makes it difficult for him to run 2 cars.He has no intention of ever looking for a job.

donsimon
    Free Member

A neighbour in his thirties has not worked for 3 years and last year bought a new Golf at 27,000 euros.This is his going out car as he also has a small Opel.His mother complains that his social money makes it difficult for him to run 2 cars.He has no intention of ever looking for a job.

I thought Spanish Seguridad Social only paid out for two years and after that you were on your own…
    The black economy, as you say, is huge and important.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

All these qualities and characteristics aren’t really related to nationality, they are merely symptoms of being human.

As Bill Hicks so eloquently put “Human beings are just a virus with shoes”.

Difficult to argue.

joeegg
    Free Member

Don,another Spanish friend has been on the sick for at least 10 years and is only in his mid thirties.He has 2 houses,a new car this year,and regularly goes biking.His wife doesn’t work and his condition is never reviewed.On sick for life.
    My wife,not a Spanish national,worked in Spain but when she finished her social security card expired 2 years from her finishing.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Are the Brits more lazy and selfish that other nations’ is closed to new replies.