Are the Brits more lazy and selfish that other nations

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Are the Brits more lazy and selfish that other nations
  • kaesae

Seems to me that there are an awful lot of lazy selfish people in this country, everything from not wanting to put in a good days work and pulling sickies.

To leaving litter and other rubbish lying about the streets to crap all over trail centres and other beauty spots.

So what do you think, are the Brits more lazy and selfish than other nationalities ❓

don simon

Yes, now let’s party it’s New Year’s Eve for god’s sake.

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

I am beinng lazy for the entire Nation at the moment, although having had a cold for the last two weeks hasn’t helped.

Jamie

Tenuous link to Royal Mail in 5….4….3…..

CountZero

Kaesae, why don’t you go on an extended international research trip and find out. I’m sure there’s some organisation that would give you funding. Then you can give us an authoritative report, and not hearsay and conjecture.

sofatester

No, now let’s party it’s New Year’s Eve for Darwin’s sake.

You have been to Spain, haven’t you?

khani

No, go anywhere else and open your eyes and you’ll find the same shit…

Nico

The Brits can’t claim number one slot until we leave used toilet paper about the countryside. Dog shite isn’t enough for the premiership.

buttercup

Yes.
    I have lived in a quite a few countries in my life..
    Americans suffer from granduer. Spaniards are lazy. Italians are lazy. French people are rude.
    Brits are overconfident, lazy, rude, and complain about it.
    Love the landmass though. πŸ˜›

— In fact, I remember my friend saying to me the moment i got off the plane, “You’re in England now, mate. Every man for himself.”

personally speaking i must confess to being both (not all the time i’d like to add) i do suffer with laziness (partly due to depression/lack of motivation) but partly due to laziness (no excuse there). i also haven’t given money to charity for a while 😳 (i intend to remedy that though) i don’t drop litter though πŸ˜‰

Dunno, but Brits definitely have an over-inflated sense of their own importance and entitlements though.

I remember when there was some work being done outside my home. First crew were a British lot; seemed to do very little but swear a lot, were surly and gruff, sit around drinking tea/eating crap and took ages to do what they were sposed to. Made a load of mess which they din’t clear up propply. Then a bunch of East Yerpeans turned up to do the next stage. Much nicer, polite, friendly, efficient and conscientious. Always seemed busy. Several neighbours made them cups of tea and brought them biscuits and stuff, which they haddunt for the British lot probbly cos they were so surly. They even helped some of the elderly residents with their shopping and stuff, as the pavements were a bit chocka. Proper nice lads. cleaned up their own mess, and that what the British blokes had left.

Premier Icon AD
    Subscriber
    khani
    Kevevs

The WELSH!

Jamie

So less lazy, and more indecisive?

druidh

I’d like to be selfish but I usually can’t be arsed.

khani
    globalti

Britain has more charities and organisations for helping the less fortunate than any other country in the world.

Overseas visitors who come to Britain are amazed at the lack of litter.

Therefore we are can’t be the most selfish or the laziest in the world.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Same sort of theme – laziness, in this case too lazy to learn another language…

A friend of mine stayed in a hotel abroad a few weeks ago and got chatting to a one of the staff there who said:
    People who speak three languages are tri-lingual
    People who speak two languages are bi-lingual
    People who speak one language are British.

πŸ˜‰
    (hotel staff member in question was Polish and spoke perfect Polish, English and German).

People who speak one language are British.

Genius. I’m going to remember that. πŸ˜€

buttercup

globalti – Overseas visitors who come to Britain are amazed at the lack of litter.

Where did you hear that?!

don simon

People who speak one language are British English.

Bloody ignorant foreigners…

Kevevs

I was about to do the same Don πŸ˜€

Lazyness does not exist it is an invented Ruling class concept

Kevevs

Should see some of the lazy ****wits I work with.

Mikeypies

People who speak one language are British English.

lets be honest most of the Vietaff and Jockanise and only speak one language as well

And to be serious for a moment if you are going to travel beyond the shores of most countries(esp multiple) the language of choice will be english. No excuse for muliple UK expats who settle abroad and dont bother learning the native lingo or tourists who cant be bothered to learn even a few words of the local language when on holiday πŸ™‚

konabunny

Well, if you can’t explain why Israel can’t do the same thing, then I’m just going to stay here pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

</big hitter>

grantway

Elfinsafety – Member
    Dunno, but Brits definitely have an over-inflated sense of their own importance and entitlements though.

Believe you was born here ?

globalti

Where did you hear that?!

Every time I pick up overseas business visitors from the airport they marvel at what a clean place this is! And my office is in a grotty suburb of Manchester.

kaesae

Maybe they mistake the foil wrappers for decorations, along with the bags of dog shit hanging from tree’s πŸ˜‰

If the rest of the world is as bad as the Brits then I’m glad I’m a solitary person, find a lot of people these days to be lazy and selfish and could do without having to put up with them.

As for trolling πŸ™„ odd how some people can be something and not even be smart enough to realize πŸ˜‰

TooTall

kaesae – have you travelled abroad? You seem to have quite an insular view of things. I don’t just mean tourist spots either.

mudshark

Both in Spain and China I’ve seen huge piles of rubbish flowing downhill from rural houses which shows the occupants are lazy and untidy. In Britain we drive are stuff to remote countryside locations and dump it there, not so lazy.

khani

We had some Americans stay with us a bit ago, they thought England was lovely
    Even Basildon… 😯 they said their run down areas were on another level to ours, much shittier and much more dangerous
    And apart from the police at heathrow they thought everyone was nice and polite
    Shows to go….

kaesae

Polite doesn’t necessarily mean nice, it just means you should be more on your gaurd 😈

I blame the posties – if they weren’t so lazy, they could pick up litter on their rounds.

Believe you was born here ?

Yeah I was, why?

We had some Americans stay with us a bit ago, they thought England was lovely
    Even Basildon

😯

What did you drug them with?

they said their run down areas were on another level to ours, much shittier and much more dangerous

I remember driving through a bit of the Bronx, a few years ago. I couldn’t believe just how utterly decrepit and run-down the place was, compared to the glossy sheen in Manhattan. The economic divide in the US is far, far wider than it is here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Are the Brits more lazy and selfish that other nations’ is closed to new replies.