Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Are all Shimano HTII crank arm pinch bolts interchangeable?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve managed to mash the head of one of the crank arm pinch bolts on my XT M770 chainset so I’ve used the pinch bolts from an old LX chainset; they seem to work.

I might use the LX chainset on my Wife’s bike so will need to pick up a couple of replacement bolts. There seem to be a mass of pinch bolts available (usually sold as specific to a model or series) in varying colours and head shape, but, cosmetics apart, since they’re all M6x19 I’m assuming that they’re interchangeable; is this right?

jamesoz

I just used a bolt I had in the bolt box when I rounded one on a set of SLx cranks. It actually is slightly too long and pokes out the other side. Been fine for years.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I used disc caliper bolts, deeper socket.

robo89
    Free Member

They’re nothing special and all the same from what I have seen, any high quality M6 socket or taper head will do, always use the washers as it’s quite a high torque, I always swap mine out for some lovely uberbike ti ones, the rainbow version look awesome.

daern
    Free Member

I have a big bag of stainless steel ones that I always swap them for on new cranks. The standard ones are just too easy to round off and while, in theory, you could damage the cranks with the steel ones, I’m careful to avoid it through proper torquing.

jonnyboi

There are some variations, dura ace pinch bolts have a smaller head on them for example

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Are all Shimano HTII crank arm pinch bolts interchangeable?’ is closed to new replies.