Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Are all Hope Pro 2 Evo XD freehubs the same??
  • carlos
    Free Member

So, if i was to buy a Pro 2 EVO Freehub Body – SRAM XX1-XD QR and fit my X12 endcaps it’ll work right??

Or do I need a Pro 2 EVO Freehub Body – SRAM XX1-XD X12

Having a moment after stripping down what I thought was a simple bearing job for a buddy 🙄 His entire freehub, cassette, hub bearings and axel are trashed 😯

Cheers

carlos
    Free Member

To answer my own question, YES essentially they are the same and fit the axle etc…

However, the ones with a black seal seem to be for the Pro2 Evo’s and the ones with the GREEN seal for the Pro 4’s. The seal size is slightly different, as I found out last night. Old green seal fits the new freehub though, so all good and a new Green seal is on its way FOC from SJS Cycles

I think its also defined by Gold freehub having black seals and Silver freehub having green seals

otsdr
    Free Member

Also, the endcaps are turned down a bit so they can fit through the XD cassette “lockring” after tightening.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 I had to turn down my Shimano-freehub endcaps to fit the XD freehub, as they were too fat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Are all Hope Pro 2 Evo XD freehubs the same??’ is closed to new replies.