Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Ard Rock 2021 entries
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Hello,
    To save me bothering Joe and team does anyone know if entries from last year are being carried across to this year?

StuF

Believe so, but not seen much to indicate it’s going ahead this year either – I better get some training in if it is

DrP

Believe so, but not seen much to indicate it’s going ahead this year either – I better get some training in if it is

Oh don’t say that… I’m living my best life in the assumption that it IS going ahead!!!

DrP

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yeah apparently so. I emailed not long ago about a group name so my fella gets to ride with me and the reply said an email was coming shortly to confirm all the rider deets!

StuF

Oh that sounds promising 🙂

timbog160

I believe entries are carried across, and frankly I’m in deep s*** 😂

GolfChick
    Free Member

I wonder if they’ll stop spectators like Graythwaite have done this time to try to reduce numbers a little.

StuE
    Free Member

Unless the Indian variant changes the timetable, we will supposedly be back to some sort of normal (I had an entry but I still don’t think the time is right to throw caution to the wind and transferred it to a mate)

daver27
    Free Member

they are hopefully carrying over the entries from 2019 first as that got washed away, then Covid.
    not sure when i’ll get time to train to be honest. expecting to die.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Didn’t 2019 entries get carried over into 2020 already? Just wondering if there’s a chance the 2020 entries now wont get entry until 2022.

mt
    Free Member

Joe’s presence has been noted int dale.

bigfoot
    Free Member

Didn’t 2019 entries get carried over into 2020 already? Just wondering if there’s a chance the 2020 entries now wont get entry until 2022.

i think most 2020 entries where 2019 entries carried over anyway.

timbog160

Website says camping available from mid June.

My training starts in earnest 1 June (I also said this about 1 May and 1 April 😂😳).

andywoodall
    Free Member

So a week or two ago I thought this would definitely be on, and I know the organisers social media has shown they’ve been scouting the area, but realistically do we see this going ahead?

andybrad

i think it’ll depend on boltby first.

fathomer

Has anyone had anything from the Ard Rock since the cancellation email in June last year? I’m a little worried as my Gigantic Tickets account shows nothing and the original ticket link, from late 2018 no longer works and it does for a friend.

hopkinsgm

Back in November 2019, my partner and I entered the Epic (60km course, more of a Mountain Marathon/off road sportive type of thing) for 2020. Got a mailshot a week or so back – Epic is now to be run over the Enduro course on Friday rather than running a different course on Saturday. Partner feeling a little out of her depth so has bailed, I’m up for it as I enjoyed the course the years I did it before (2013/14/15). Dropped Gigantic an email asking if one of the two entries could be refunded due to the change in format – no reply to the email, but refund was in my account the following day.

richardkennerley

I’ve not had anything since June last year. The website suggests it’s still going ahead. I’ve got the YHA booked again.

Should be able to pedal around no problem, but I’ve hardly ridden MTB in 18 months so I may well die in a horrible fire ball.

I got a reminder this morning that the ronde van calderdale which I booked for last year is actually this weekend. That came as a shock so I’ve done an emergency deferral!

jaylittle
    Free Member

I had no tickets showing on my gigantic account, dropped them an email and they resent them.

bigfoot
    Free Member

i went back to my original booking emails(was late 2018 for ard rock) and clicked the tickets link, both ard rock and ard moors links took me to tickets dated for this years dates.

richardkennerley

I’ve just checked my gigantic log in and there’s nothing they’re so I’ve emailed them to update my account.

But I also found the original email from 2018 like Bigfoot and the link in that downloaded a ticket dated for this year’s event 👌

fathomer

@jaylittle assume you mailed Gigantic?

As above, I tried the original email from 2018 and the link doesn’t work.

Edit: filled in order no./credit card details on the contact us drop down and it’s brought my ticket up, phew!

jaylittle
    Free Member

@fathomer – yes gigantic, it was sorted out in a day and they also sent me my Ard Moors ticket

tandemwarriors

Brilliant, just tried the same on the Gigantic site and got my 2021 tickets.  Thanks.

StuF

Looks like we’re on. 🙂 https://ardrock.co.uk/ard-rock-21-update/

jaylittle
    Free Member

Good news about the biking but only participants can camp. I’d have got a refund on my ticket if I’d have known that earlier.

ayjaydoubleyou

Good news about the biking but only participants can camp

Is that camping for the whole weekend?
    I’m racing Sunday, my GF is racing Saturday.
    Am I still alowed to wander about and play tourist on the Saturday, and vice versa?

jaylittle
    Free Member

I believe solo riders are allowed somebody there to support incase of emergencies.

bigfoot
    Free Member

i read it as you can camp all weekend if your racing, also if racing solo you can take 1 person for “emergency support”.
    none of my mates got in so i’ll probably drive home friday and back saturday morning, it’s only just over an hour away from me.

andybrad

Ah shit
    It would have been nice to get an update email or something

SirHC

Page not found?

StuF

oh, the link has gone – hope that’s not bad news

sandwicheater

Stealth ad alert, anyone want 4 sport tickets for the Sunday? Just after face value.

PM me if interested.

andybrad

its still linked on the front page but goes to nothing

SOAP
    Free Member

Is it to late to start training?

andybrad

soap, ive decided it is and so am practicing drinking instead

b33k34

and another Stealth ad alert,

We’re not going to be able to make it – anyone want 4 sport tickets for the Sunday? Just after face value. (it’s free to alter details for next 5 days)

PM me if interested.

acidchunks

Has anyone successfully transferred their unwanted entries?

A number of our crew can’t make it but we’re yet to hear back from Ard rock on how to pay the admin charge and complete the transfer

(I imagine the cancellation is easier but that’s a £25 hit per entry… although they were paid for in 2018… meh.)

fooman

I got an email if I wanted to update rider details, is it possible to change who is riding there? Maybe more flexible with folk having tickets since 2018…

Anyway if anyone has a Sprint ticket they can’t use let me know as my lad is now old enough to join us.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock 2021 entries’ is closed to new replies.