Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Ard Rock 2021 entries
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

According to gigantic today

Hi

In order to process your transfer please follow the link below where you can pay the £15 transfer fee. Once you’ve done this, you can select the entry that you’d like to transfer and enter the new rider’s details:

http://ardrockenduro.gigantic.com/ard-rock-tickets-transfer-refunds

Kind Regards

Amy Davis
    Customer Services Manager
    T: 0115 807 7900
    http://www.gigantic.com

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Daft question – the sport (not the London bus on moon one) is the full course but not raced isn’t it?

richardkennerley

Daft question – the sport (not the London bus on moon one) is the full course but not raced isn’t it?

Yep. You still get timed on each stage, but it’s not supposed to be competitive. You still get a lot of tits moaning about people getting in their way and stuff though. But for the most part it’s pretty chilled, I’ve ridden the sport 3 times now and always enjoyed it.

Just updated my rider details, gone up an age group since I booked my ticket 😳

acidchunks

Thanks for the link GolfChick.

Now decided to sack it off entirely and get refunds but rather oddly they want the admin fee £25 upfront before the refund is issued.

You can only do this one at at time so has to repeated for each entry on the same original booking (pretty sure if I do 5 payments of £25 in quick succession my bank will get suspicious and start blocking the transactions)

Also the website broke at the end of my first attempt and didn’t confirm, nor did I get an email.

So now they’ve got my initial entry fee plus £25 and still no refund is forthcoming.

Urgh.

b33k34

Anyone looking for tickets? I’ve got two more sport (Sunday) entries on offer for the cover price of £61

jamiemcf

Here’s another stealth add. We have 3 tickets for Saturday.

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone managed to transfer a ticket yet?
    What a complete ball ache!
    £15 and when you get to the part to add new rider detail there is nowhere to enter them.

sandwicheater

Not yet @soap but have below to talk you through it once paid the transfer fee;

You will receive a confirmation email with instructions
    4. Email customer service customerservices@gigantic.com with the following info:
    a. Transfer payment reference number
    b. Original Order reference number
    c. Name of original rider
    d. New rider details
    5. Your transfer will not be complete until you have replied with all of the correct details and received a reply.

fooman

The link https://ardrockenduro.gigantic.com/ard-rock-tickets/yorkshire-dl11-6aw/2020-07-31-09-00 worked for us after paying £15 fee. You need the order ref and original email to find order after paying fee.

fooman

According to (old?) T&Cs the cut off date for transfers is 5 weeks before event which would make it this Friday. I can’t see why it can’t be closer as transfers are fairly instant now, while in the past they were manual. I’ve asked for confirmation of the cut off date.

I’m also still after 1x Sprint ticket as my son is now old enough to join us, PM me if you have one to sell.

fooman

Gigantic have given me a new link for transfers and cancellations (though it seems to redirect to the one I posted previously)

https://ardrockenduro.gigantic.com/ard-rock-tickets-transfer-refunds

They have also given me the date of 5th July for transfer cut off.

blokeuptheroad

Just seen this. I didn’t even know if it was on this year as I’d heard nowt since booking 18 months or so ago for last year. The recent mail saying it was on and the one about transfers ended up in my spam folder so I missed their arbitary deadline. I have a sport enduro/camping ticket I now can’t use. I wanted to transfer it to my son so emailed them to ask how. I got a very curt and unhelpful one line reply effectively saying you’ve missed the deadline, tough. Pretty pissed off tbh 🙁

I know it’s not ideal, but is there any compelling reason my son can’t be me for the day?

joepud
    Free Member

I know it’s not ideal, but is there any compelling reason my son can’t be me for the day?

If you mean just turning up and trying to race it all depends on how old your son is. If hes 20 and you’re 65 he might not pass. However I know a few people who have raced on other peoples entry before.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Last weekends boltby bash there was no ID check like in the past but I suppose as mentioned it may also depend what age category you’ve entered. I think quite a few entrants have bailed, I know not been able to take family with you has meant quite a few of our group have sacked it off.

blokeuptheroad

Thanks, he’s 30, I’m 57. Also it’s the sport event on the Sunday so supposedly not a race and non competitive if that makes a difference, not that either of of us were ever likely to trouble any podiums! I’m actually gutted I can’t do it, but their fairly dismissive response to a request for help has left a sour taste tbh. I know they’ve had an awful run of luck with the flooding then the pandemic, but a bit of understanding and flexibility towards their customers might make people more likely to reciprocate in goodwill/future support. ‘Scuse my rant, just a bit miffed at the thought of them trousering my entry fee after zero effort to help me transfer my ticket or get a refund. Their ‘deadline’ was arbitrary and the event is still a month away.

blokeuptheroad

I take it all back! I had a bit of a moan at them and they’ve just emailed to say I can now do the transfer if I do it before midday tomorrow.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Anyone understand what is meant by ‘racing solo’ with regard to bringing a +1 to the camping?
    I wasn’t aware that it was a team event !!
    I am in the Saturday enduro and arriving on route travelling back from annual holiday in Scotland with the Mrs…so she will be there regardless.
    I assume ‘racing solo’ means there are no other racers with the same team name. that’s not the case but its hardly a team – we are all trying to beat each other..annoying if this is the case

jamesoz

I assume racing solo, means nobody to transport your carcass home if you spanner yourself. Which has been a concern when I’ve done other events on my jack as no spectators have been specified.
    I noticed races have started to add a family member or those in the same bubble are allowed in case you bin it hugely.

Sensibly organisers want to keep numbers of non racers down but I assume not be left with abandoned cars in farmers fields and bikes to store somewhere.

timbog160

Indeed – I crocked myself 2 years ago at the opening round of the Welsh enduro series. Last stage – 5pm, couldn’t walk and no way to get home. Thankfully the St. John’s guy offered to drive my car to the nearest town, where I could then wait in relative comfort for the OH to get dropped off and drive me home!

marksnook
    Free Member

A bit late to the party but anyone have a ticket spare they want to sell?!
    Meant to be away riding that weekend but the mate I’m going with now has an Ard rock ticket!

jaylittle
    Free Member

You may struggle for a name change now and in past years photo ID has been checked although they didn’t at boltby bash this year.

marksnook
    Free Member

Yeah I did think being after the 5 week deadline would narrow the chances somewhat! Maybe next year if I can get a ticket!

FFJA
    Free Member

@MarkSnook. I’ve got an intro ticket I’ll happily sell if you can confirm with them they’ll let you use it?

marksnook
    Free Member

@ffja ok i have emailed them but I imagine they may not pick up emails until monday

jaylittle
    Free Member

Hope you get sorted, it does seem like quite a few riders are bailing this year…

halifaxpete

I’ve got a sunday sport ticket (full course) that wont be getting used due to me double booking with a friends wedding. For some reason I’m not really that bothered weirdly, It’d be nice to be able to transfer/postpone it though.

marksnook
    Free Member

My mate is in the Saturday so that would be ideal but I can always cheer on from the sidelines! Went a couple years back and loved it but struggled to get a ticket ever since.
    Hopefully they get back to me Monday and can swap tickets

earl_brutus

Managed to get a last minute ticket after someone dropped out. Obvs too late to ‘swap names’ so I’m just going show em the ticket and plead insanity if they ask for ID.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock 2021 entries’ is closed to new replies.