Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • ‘Ard Rock 2020
  • Wookster

Does anyone know if Ard Rock will run next year? I know it’s the last thing in the areas mind no doubt and we will be across there in the new year as we love that area but I’ve not seen or heard any thing about the event itself.

tomhoward

All this years entries were transferred to next year, if not refunded, so I would think so.

andybrad

yup itll be back.

but the cool kids will be more concerned about the lakes bike fest

postierich
    Free Member

Did some one mention southlakesbikefest! that will happen whatever the weather and it falls on a Bank Holiday Weekend 29 to the 31st of August

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2haaB9u]69139509_10157848934897841_570027492589436928_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h9z7uV]70239731_10157719337881474_6039091555707387904_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h9z7ep]70539999_10219984855120926_9178631259453128704_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h9wz24]69681608_10219984927922746_4963648344837586944_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

jaylittle
    Free Member

They kindly transferred my ticket to next year but I haven’t got the date of the event, anybody got any info on which weekend Ard Rock will take place?

Wookster

LoL thanks Postie!! It on my list to do esp as it’s only down the road, but I’m going to the Naughty Northumbrian that weekend!

richardkennerley

I asked them directly when next year’s is as I need to sort shifts at work already. Response read “first weekend of August” so I assume Enduro on 01/08 and sport on 02/08

Wookster

Ah cool cheers @Richardkennerley

jaylittle
    Free Member

oh that probably won’t work for me which is a shame.

PotSi
    Free Member

Yep, defo on and also first weekend of August. We were to exhibit in the expo again this year and had the transfer details etc sent over two weeks ago for 2020.

Wookster

👍

fooman

Just received confirmation that it’s 31st July to 2nd August 2020, tickets transferred from this year but any remaining places go on sale 1st November at 7am.

Marathon has become the Epic which is a new course and timed (sometimes uphill) sections.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Aye got the email today. Asked a friend if he wants to buy my intro ticket (Sunday 4 stage) if not I’ll be advertising it in the free ads.

richardkennerley

Yep, glad I got the right weekend. I’ve swapped my shifts and booked a room at the yha already!!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ticket transferred also. Though would like an option to swap event if necessary. At moment Billy No Mates in Sport as everyone else went with the main enduro or Intro / Marathon. Though I don’t want the gnar-pace of the main enduro. Not sure though. I did enjoy the Sport previous year.

Wookster

Reminder set then for Friday….😂😂

Mark
    Wookster

Well I’m in for the Sunday!! Will be flying Solo though as mates are going abroad this year!! Still I’ll be too breathless o. The way up so I’ll be ok! 😂😂

rsl1
    Free Member

I’m in for the first time in years of trying, sport for me and a mate.

sprocker
    Free Member

I got in the sprint, last time was 2015 so looking forward to another slightly shorter go.

GolfChick
    Free Member

As luck would have it this years was too close to my three week holiday to Canada. Got up nice and early this morning and bagged two tickets for the main event. I’ll be competing against the other women and my boyfriend will be competing against me!

simon_g

Nothing else left when I tried not long after 7 so booked an Epic place.

duncancallum

Not bothered this year it’s an expensive weekend.

I’m more inclined to do tweedlove or use the cash for some pmba

fathomer

I’ve got my ticket for the Saturday Enduro carried over from last year, Mrs managed to get an Intro ticket for the Sunday. She’s only ever done the Hope Tech Women’s Enduro before so she’s already nervous and it’s 9 months away 🙂

Anyone know if the Intro uses different trails to the main or are they the same?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

@fathomer the intro is 4 of the 7 timed ardrock stages,

i’m pretty sure stage2 and 5 and 6 are missed out (ie you run s1,s3,s4,s7) but i’m sure someone can confirm. i recall [2018] a few Intro riders at the top of stage 2 who were told this stage wasnt for them, its a tough climb from the end of s1 upto s2.

Stage 5 and 6 are arguably the fastest, flowiest and easiest

fathomer

@whatyadoinsucka thanks, main reason I ask is I might pick up a ticket from one of the Sunday rides if I can, give me something to do. If it’s the same stages I might not bother.

StuE
    Free Member

Boltby bash enduro in May is nice laid bike event if anyone has not raced an enduro before,I found it a great event for a first timer

fathomer

I’m hoping to rope some friends into doing the Boltby Bash, looks a great event.

rsl1
    Free Member

are the stages roughly the same each year then?

StuE
    Free Member

Would have done the Boltby bash again next year but will be riding in Spain that weekend

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

agree with boltby a cracking event , really enjoyed the last few years. i’m at a wedding next year, so 2021 for me.

@rsl1
    , the stages for ardrock will need rebuilding if you follow the instamgram account, many of the stages where washed away.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Well done all that got in, some of the best trails in the UK IMHO at ArdRock. 👌🏻

mulv1976
    Free Member

It’s likely that most of the trails have changed for next year as a lot of the originals were destroyed by the massive flooding this year. I still went up there in August and the damage was astounding. It should still be amazing next year though, love that part of the country.

richardkennerley

fathomer

Subscriber

@whatyadoinsucka
    thanks, main reason I ask is I might pick up a ticket from one of the Sunday rides if I can, give me something to do. If it’s the same stages I might not bother.

I wouldn’t worry about that, there’s plenty other riding in the area, I’m sure you can easily string a ride together (and the demo loop is displayed for anyone to follow.)

I’m planning on going on the Saturday and doing a bit of late pm riding before the sport on Sunday.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Anyone from this year got their carried over tickets yet?

Last email I had said we’d get print at home tickets on 1st Nov automatically by email.

Annoyingly to change team name, had to be done by then also and a) forgot, b) got no idea who I’m riding with yet if anyone. Probably won’t until month or two before.

dienamic

Nope, never had an email on the 1st or since. The original ticket email for 2019 now links to 2020 tickets though

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘‘Ard Rock 2020’ is closed to new replies.