Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • ARD Rim Protection
  • andy9678
    Free Member

Has anbody else lost there shit trying to install this ive snapped 3 tyre leavers and still no tyres seated 🤬🤬🤬🤬

andy9678
    Free Member

Maxis high roller on front minion as on rear hope fortus 30 wheels

matt_outandabout

Ours were tight, but some lubricant and strong thumbs had them in first go.

(DT EN1900 and Raceface Affect, Hans Dampfs)

abeach

They are not easy by any means. We found the only way was to the the lever to push the bead under the ARD towards the centre of the rim on both sides. This yields some slack so with strong thumbs and leavers with a good set of gloves, you can get them on.

Hope Tech Enduro, Nobby Nic / Magic Mary

gaviscon
    Free Member

I struggled on a Stans flow with a DHR 2 WT. I got there eventually with some perseverance. I found that holding the bead in place with 2 levers at either end helped.

… not looking forward to needing to replace a tire.

BadlyWiredDog

They are not easy by any means. We found the only way was to the the lever to push the bead under the ARD towards the centre of the rim on both sides. This yields some slack so with strong thumbs and leavers with a good set of gloves, you can get them on.

Yep mostly this. Based on fitting a set of Rimpacts to my 650b+ rims. It’s easiest to seat one bead of the tyre first, then insert the insert. Then for the second bead, start opposite the valve and use a tyre lever to push the bead under the insert and into the central well of the rim all the way round then finish at the valve side with a tyre lever. Once you realise it’s the only way to do it, it’s actually quite straightforward.

Rubber_Buccaneer

No problem with Minion SS, High Roller 2,4 WT or DHF 2.5 WT on to 27.5 Light Bicycle rims 31.8mm wide.  Also no problems with Rimpacts on some Spank rims but

push the bead under the ARD towards the centre of the rim

always

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ARD Rim Protection’ is closed to new replies.