Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ard moors vs ard rock
  • andybrad

After my dismal efforts at ard rock how does the Ard moors compare?

dc1988

I signed up for it a few years back, maybe 2018. I rode practice on the Saturday and it was barely rideable due to rain, even getting into the venue wasn’t ideal without a 4×4. The first stage was literally axle deep water and there were massive queues in other stages where people were getting off and also similar queues getting out from the bottom of some stages where you couldn’t stand up if you were in a pair of 5.10’s.

Long story short, I didn’t even turn up for the race on Sunday as the conditions were that bad. I did subsequently find that two of the stages were cancelled shortly after I had ridden them in practice. It probably should have been cancelled.

In good weather I’m sure it could be great, but it doesn’t work in bad weather which makes it a gamble. Ard rock works much better in heavy rain so would be my preference, personally I would try to get tickets for Ard rock again but not for Ard Moors.

andybrad

ive already got a ticket btw

dc1988

Well remember to bring mud spikes just in case!

bigfoot
    Free Member

i think the wet year mentioned above was 2017, only one stage was cancelled just after i’d ridden it in practice(was just one section in the middle that was unrideable). the rest of the stages where rideable(only just in places).
    hearing it rain overnight on my van roof i had thoughts of not bothering but it turned out the rain improved things and the course rode much better in the race. it was still horrible and wet but was all rideable and still fun in a strange sort of way.

i actually think it is slightly better than ard rock.
    i have got an entry for this year but think it clashes with the final tweedlove race so wont be able to do it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ard moors vs ard rock’ is closed to new replies.