Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • April 29th, Bank Holliday Forum Ride?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well now that it’s a bank holliday in England it would be rude not to?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just remembered I’m on holliday anyway, bingo 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Has that been made official that it will be BH on 29th APril?? Ohhh Royal Wedding on 28th (that’s what Daily Fail says) in which case it’s my birthday.. .so I’ll be out on my MTB enjoying the quiteness!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

3 day week. it is the 70s 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

4 day weekend as on the Monday it’s May day BH! Result …. going to book my birthday off and make it a beauty of a weekend.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

66th Wedding aniversary of Hitla and Eva Braun… 😯

jonb
    Free Member

Who’s Hitla Braun

DezB
    Free Member

I thought she was Hilta’s mistress

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whoop, I’m not on holliday after all, more riding for me 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

Hold on so we get – good friday 22nd April so a 4 day week.

Easter Monday 25th (tues/wed thurs at work) – BH Friday for wedding.

Then May day on the following Monday so another 4 day week.

Who said the royals are bad?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So, as an employer, who pays ME for the lost time?

£600 a day billable time x 3 employees…

Thanks in advance – April will be even less productive than it normally is.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if your contract states you get the normal 8 bank holidays off, do they have to honour camerons jolly holiday? or would it be entirely up to the employer as the contract states 8 days not 8 days plus more if the government decides so?

i only ask such a dumb queston as i’m pretty certain my boss will find anyway he can to make people work it

uplink
    Free Member

if your contract states you get the normal 8 bank holidays off

Does it actually say 8 though?

I wonder how many employers will simply refuse to honour it?

meehaja
    Free Member

I get 8 days extra holiday as I’m expected to work bank holidays if they come up on my rota. Doubt i’l get an extra days holiday!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If they have one, I will try my best not to allow it – it is tough enough as it is without giving people even more time off.

philconsequence
    Free Member

yup, it even lists the 8 holidays!

i’m not too fussed to be honest, i’ll take it off and accept a telling off if he notices/cares… most likely just get told to make up the hours as it was a misunderstanding.

13thfloormonk

Bastards. Thats my birthday that is, who’s going to notice now? 🙁

At least I’ll be out of the country.

freeridenick
    Free Member

back to back 4 day weekends as easter the weekend before and May bank holiday on the 2nd 😛

rkk01
    Free Member

HOORAY
    I’ll be out of the Country.
    RESULT

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If there are two 4 day weekends on the trot, you can bet your life that there are some senior people somewhere already scheduling in massive upgrades / project deliveries on those two weekends.

This is becasue they are evil

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It will make no difference – your contaract decides what your holidays are not announcing a “public holiday”

Blackhound

Saw an article at the weekend that suggested that the cost of the extra bank holiday to the UK would be £2bn in lost tax revenues to the exchequer based on an average day.

Being retired I will stay at home and go away for a few days when everybody is back at work. I will go for a long ride to avoid the coverage though. Or join a forum ride

stumpyjon

It will make no difference – your contaract decides what your holidays are not announcing a “public holiday”

Does put employers in an awkward position though, it’s very easy for Cameron to be everyone’s mate and annouce an extra days holiday but then expect employers to stand the costs.

That said I’ll quite happily take the extra days holiday.

IdleJon

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    So, as an employer, who pays ME for the lost time?

£600 a day billable time x 3 employees…

Just out of curiosity, do you pay your employees for working 29th February on leap years, or do you as the employer get their efforts for free?

I had a long discussion about this in work on the last leap day – I wasn’t being paid extra……

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

mastiles – I think you should give EVERY EMPLOYEE the day off providing the are ACTUALLY ATTENDING the wedding. Otherwise keep them chained to the work benches

singletrackmind

So if i book the week before and after easter off work I can get 17 days away from the madness and only burn 7 days holidays . Thats Mon- Thur Good friday=BH, Then Easter Mon = BH , So Tue / Wed / Thur normal Fri= Royal skive day , followed by May Day BH Monday.
    Tad late for skiing , but Every trail of every Stane sounds like an adventure , and shouldnt be a midgefest either.

grantway
    Free Member

Not a Royalist so be very happy to be miles away from London
    So where you looking to ride>>??

jonb
    Free Member

It’s going to be like Xmas, with only three days holiday needed for 11 days break I might get my holiday booked in tomorrow because half the company/country is going to want to take them off and that just isn’t possible.

Joxster
    Free Member

Should the Republicans be allowed to take the bank holiday given that they dislike the Royal Family?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘April 29th, Bank Holliday Forum Ride?’ is closed to new replies.