Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Apple Mail + Gmail – slow to send email?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Has anyone found a fix for this that works?

When sending email from my Gmail accounts, via Apple Mail on a macbook (OSX 10.8.3, 2.4GHz, 8GB) it takes ages to send. A 2mb attachment took 15 mins. Yet on iphone it takes seconds (on the same wifi network).

I’ve googled it but only found pages of people reporting the same problem.

Other than ditching Mail (or perhaps Gmail) is there any solution?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I use Windows 7 all day at work. I do not want to have to use Windows at home as well. Buying a Windows box is therefore not an option.

somouk
    Free Member

I personally find the Apple Mail app shocking so prefer to sodomise my Mac and put Outlook on. Never noticed any issues with that.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

That’s a thought. I’ve got Office 2011, just didn’t install Outlook. Does it work with iPhoto etc?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Or try Thunderbird from Mozilla.

edhornby

me and mrs Ed have issues with google calendar sharing, I am of the opinion that the iphone is designed to only want to work with other iphones or apple kit in order to cross sell other overpriced apple kit….

chipsngravy
    Free Member

If an email client is a must try this http://www.postbox-inc.com/

If not just run gmail in chrome.

On iOS devices run the gmail app.

grum
    Free Member

Gmail and Mail work together just fine for me (also kn Mountain Lion) Sorry that’s not very helpful.

Just bloody accept that Android is the way forward and your life will be workout these worries!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

run it in Chrome with offline mail?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Apple Mail + Gmail – slow to send email?’ is closed to new replies.