Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Apple Mail – a question please
  • cb

I will be buying a new MBP hopefully next month when the update dversions are released. At the moment I use Apple Mail and create folders to store emails that I might need to refer to.

The last time that I transfered to a new laptop, everything went across to the new machine fine apart from the folders within Apple Mail.

Is this an issue with me not backing up to Time Machine properly or something that can’t be done?

Grateful for any pointers!

timmys

It shouldn’t be a problem, everything should transfer across as a perfect clone. Also you’re generally better setting up so all emails are stored in the cloud rather than on the machine so you can access then on any device anywhere. So in that way you should have belt and braces.

prettygreenparrot

The migration assistant should migrate all user data across. Takes a while. There’s no advantage to using a Time Machine backup rather than Mac to Mac.

doris5000

last time I used Migration Assistant (indeed, the only time) it lost all my iTunes playlists. I wouldn’t trust it so readily again. So I’d recommend Timmy’s approach!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Apple Mail – a question please’ is closed to new replies.