Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Anything better than mastic tape for chainslap?
  • oikeith

@rickon did you find a solution that works for you? I have a similiar issue with a new frame and am looking at options from this thread.

simondbarnes

I was going to say an old inner tube but it appears that I already did a year ago.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had to strip off the old tape on my rigid bike and, wanting to ride it straight away I grabbed the nearest thing which was a roll of insulation tape and gave it three layers. It’s been incredibly durable and is still perfectly tidy three years later.

rone

3m 2228

+1

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Singlespeed with a belt drive just to make sure. Or on the Fatty I had a BeerBabe neoprene cover.

trumpton
    Free Member

I’ve got neoprene protectors and old inner tubes.

Fagus
    Free Member

Inner tube.

sarawak
    Free Member

Old Inner tube. Might not look prettiest but works.

rickon
    Free Member

Hey,

Yes I did! I went through loads of solutions – 3228 mastic tape, velcro…

By a long long way the best solution was some door and window insulation foam like this:

bedmaker

This works well. As a bonus, very cheap.

woots787
    Free Member

Has anyone tried anything like this
    Garage wall stuff

I use sticky back velcro at the moment and wondered if something textured like this would keep noise down but not hold the mud as much.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Inner tubes dont have to look bad. Grab a thin one or a roadie tube and cut it so its only one layer and about 2 inches wide. Then start wrapping whilst stretching it, overlapping about half of the previous turn like roadie bar tape.
    If you keep it tight it will look quite neat just stick a couple of small cable ties on the ends to stop it moving.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than mastic tape for chainslap?’ is closed to new replies.