• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by P20.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anything better than Elite Direto at £499?
  • avdave2

Sports Pursuit currently offering it £499. I’ve been using my very basic Elite turbo a lot recently and benefitting a lot from it. Been thinking of moving to something a bit more sophisticated and involving which will allow more structured training. The only wheel off trainer I’ve seen around the same price with BC discount would be the Flux S but I’m somewhat wary of Tacx’s quality control.
    So tell me why I shouldn’t buy it😊
    Seems to me an upgrade that will make all my bikes quicker so better value than something lighter or more aero on any one bike.

welshfarmer

Mine has been great. Mrs WF using it every day for an hour and I Zwift on it a couple of tiomes a week through the winter. Had it well over 6 months now and it has been problem free. On the FB group there does seem to be a few people having issues with the belts snapping, but Elite appear to be sending out modified ones at no cost. Not happened for me yet though. Price seems very competitive considering what mine cost new!

avdave2

Thanks Welshfarmer, can’t think the watts I’ll be putting through it could snap anything

TiRed

Great price for a quality machine. I have a KICKR, and the new CORE would be my first choice, but at the price you have listed, you really can’t go wrong with the Elite.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

£499 is a no-brainer, got mine Xmas 2017 for ~£640… For feeble middle aged me with an FTP of ~298W and killing myself to hold ~500W for a minute, I doubt I’m likely to stress a machine like this compared to the likes of Cav!

avdave2

Thanks all, it’s ordered. Looking forward to getting a bit more information about just how hard I’m really working.

P20

We had to have our circuit board replaced under warranty which took a little while. Otherwise it’s a good unit 👍🏻

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anything better than Elite Direto at £499?’ is closed to new replies.