Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone with Natwest?
  • crispo
    Free Member

So I got an letter through the post from Natwest saying that they refunding incorrectly applied overdraft fees and debit interest.

I know a couple of years ago when I was a student I got a fe of those charges for going over my overdraft, but that was 4-5 years ago. I now have a letter saying they are refunding me the best part of £300!

Anyone else received one of these?

Guess thats next months trip to the lakes covered though! 😆

neil853
    Free Member

Now one of those would be nice 🙂

andytherocketeer

Yes.
    They were worse than useless on more then 3 occasions.
    When I demanded a refund, including a refund of all consequential costs, they paid me within 2 working days.

Didn’t get any apology when they sent my new credit card and new PIN to old address. edit: In normal Natwest branded envelopes, not signed for or anything.

Did get an apology when I went on a 10/10 rant all in CAPS on a customer service survey that they conveniently sent to all customers a few weeks after 🙂

crispo
    Free Member

Oh right, well I’ve never had any issues with them, even when the stuff went down the other month.

Has anyone else had one of these letters about refunding charges though?

GrahamS

Did your letter look like this?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yes,its a failed bank.Everything I try to do with my accounts seems to cause them problems.To me they seem to be the banking equivalent of windows vista.I really dont think they have much future.Basically an incompetent analog bank in a digital age.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

GrahamS

Hmmm.. I actually get on okay with them.

Basically an incompetent analog bank in a digital age.

Not sure that is true. One of the things I like about them is that they’ve had really good online banking for years, with sensible security practises (like not asking for whole passwords and using a physical card reader for high-security transactions).

Plus they have a very useful iPhone app and do text alerts that you can configure based on your account balance.

Far from perfect, but not exactly “analog”.

Meantime the missus’ bank still close their online banking overnight!

ericemel
    Free Member

Been with them since I collected piggy banks and I like them alot – I see the issues my mum has had with satanader and wife has with HSBC and I feel fortunate. There have been ups and downs but overall very pleased – they have always been there from saving pennies as a kid, being a broke student to having an advantage gold account now.

I like their online and iphone banking a lot.

But I do want one of those letters!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Ive been with them for over 25 years.Never had a problem.Now Santander,on the other hand dont get me started!

dribbling
    Free Member

I like NastyWest; 20 years of trouble free banking, borrowing, excessive overdrafts and repaying back again!

Agree with on-line presence too; was recently chatting to a Lloyds IT chap who said NW had the best on-line interface of all banks (how qualified he is to say that is debatable I guess.

Postman’s been though; nothing apart from some pedals with grindy axles and play. Ruddy Pinkbike.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I know a couple of years ago when I was a student I got a fe of those charges for going over my overdraft, but that was 4-5 years ago. I now have a letter saying they are refunding me the best part of £300!

Maybe they believe you are one of the customers affected by their massive cock-up last month and have somehow calculated what they owed you by way of compensation?

andytherocketeer

really good online banking for years, with sensible security practises (like not asking for whole passwords

Or in my case… the square root of bugger all security in registering the online banking bit. Anyone could have registered my CC with their email addy. The first email address used to register it wins! Fortunately I was first, but was seriously concerned by the lack of security. And back then the invitation to register was at purchase time requiring verified by visa, and *NOT* when you get or enable the card!

The 2 factor authentication thing is still possible to bypass, although that needs some cooperation and incompetence between NWB and o2.

amedias
    Free Member

Agree with on-line presence too; was recently chatting to a Lloyds IT chap who said NW had the best on-line interface of all banks (how qualified he is to say that is debatable I guess.

I have accounts with both, and I disagree with that ^

crispo
    Free Member

Maybe they believe you are one of the customers affected by their massive cock-up last month and have somehow calculated what they owed you by way of compensation?

It actually says on the letter that is is specifically not related to the recent technical issues they had! Win!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Business Banked with them for 7 years and they were fine, only Bank to hand over free overdrafts and CCards and Business Banking.
    Customer service was fine, BusMgr was a delight to behold and only had one issue about charges for cancelling chq’s (we used to have to write loads of them)

Wouldn’t bank personnaly with them though, prefer the seperation between Business and Personnal.

GrahamS

Agree with on-line presence too; was recently chatting to a Lloyds IT chap who said NW had the best on-line interface of all banks

Yep. Certainly way better than the Lloyds TSB one, which is utterly crap.

NatWest is certainly the best one I’ve come across in my limited experience of such things.
    There are better ones I’m sure, but it does everything I need and does it well.

steve-g
    Free Member

Their online stuff was the best for a long while, I think others are catching up. I prefer Barclays now, but i think their app only came online in the last month or so.

However, Natwest offered the best value for money, their “gold” or whatever account is cheaper than all the other banks, and yet offers more, eg the Natwest travel insurance covers skiing, at barclays which is £40 – £50 a year more expensive, you have to pay an additional premium to cover you for the skiing.

mt
    Free Member

Is National Westminster Bank the acceptable face of the failed and bailed Royal Bank Scotland. Or do I have the white wash marketing Natwest brand mixed up with another failed and bailed bank?

At some point there will be Midland Bank or even William and Glynns back to make us feel all warm about “careing banks” again.

I find it disapointing that almost all banks I have been involved with have messed up over something or other that could be seen by some as serious. At one time banks believed it was really unlikely that a customer would change to another bank, wonder if that’s still the case.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Basically an incompetent analog bank in a digital age.

Not true. Their online banking is fantastic.

daveh
    Free Member

I got paid a day early as a result of the payment problems they had recently!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Natworst

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with Natwest?’ is closed to new replies.