Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone with a Sonder Colibri?
  • podgeskeeper
    Free Member

Been road riding off and on for a few years, but last year with the quieter roads joined a club and have been enjoying the darkside. Been riding an old Triban 3 which has been great but thinking about an upgrade, something for fast evening club sprints and time allowing long weekend days out (150-200k). Looking at the Sonder Colibri. Anyone got one? Pro’s/Con’s? Is there something else I should consider (~1.5k budget)?

Thanks

BlobOnAStick

I’m also after some guidance on the Colibri…..

Seems fantastic value for money – <£1700 for an Ultegra equipped, disc-braked, carbon road bike looks good to me.

Seems to me that the frame is very very similar to the Whyte Wessex and the Canyon Ultimate frames, so probably an open mould? The reviews of both of these bikes seem ok. The only review of the Colibri I’ve found is by Guy Kesteven, which immediately makes me wary, but he criticises it for not having mudguard or rack mounts, which I don’t want anyway.

Anyhow, real owner reviews also sought.

Jonno

I have a carbon colibri frame arriving tomorrow, took the plunge after finally getting fed up with my creaking cannondale. Was a bit worried that I couldn’t find any reviews of it but got it at a very good price. Not sure how quick I will get it built up but will post back after first few rides.

BlobOnAStick

@jonno – would love to hear about that! Thanks for the offer 🙂

Jonno

@BlobOnAStick

Unfortunately I won’t be able to comment on the sonder calibri as sonder send me the aluminium frame instead of the carbon one (twice) and now the carbon one is out of stock.

Looks like my creaky cannondale will live on a bit longer.

BlobOnAStick

@jonno oh no! Thanks for letting us know!

podgeskeeper
    Free Member

@jonno did you manage to get a frame?

Jonno

No, gave up after the non delivery fiasco and the fact it took an absolute age to get a refund.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a Sonder Colibri?’ is closed to new replies.