• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by nbt.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone want a free 12 month mag subscription?
  • nbt

I’m about to subscribe, but I don’t really want the print magazine. If there’s any deserving causes (Kids MTB club? Scouts? Someone who’s had a really shitty time?) then I’m happy to have the magazines delivered direct to someone else. I don’t want the average “middle-aged whiny cockbag” (© some other random forum but with disturbing and somewhat disheartening accuracy) STW forum user who can afford an Audi and a bling FS bike to try to blag it though, have some self respect

So, in the next hour or so, can anyone suggest a recipient?

bikebob

Just take out a digital sub, then no hard copy. If I you want to support the team more you can do it on other ways.

franksinatra

I don’t want the average “middle-aged whiny cockbag

Rules me out then.

ads678

Drop them into local doctors and stuff, spread the word….

Sandwich

Drop them into local doctors and stuff, spread the word….

Or local Urology clinic for the prostate clientele.

v7fmp

these guys would probably happily receive it…

https://www.durringtoncycleproject.co.uk/

hooli

Ah, a good dose of virtue signaling – just what your average middle-aged whiny cockbag would do…

nbt

I resemble that comment

Rubber_Buccaneer

Take out a digital sub, just as much benefit to STW as paper sub.

Donate the other £20 to a charity (don’t worry, you can come back and tell us about it) and use gift aid. Charity benefits more than from some random mag turning up.

Win win as they say

andybrad

why is being nice bloody virtue signalling. get back in the sea!

sorry as a MAWC i cant accept (and already get the print version) but it seems a nice thing to do.

the-muffin-man

Is there a High-Horse Society you could send it too? We’re short of high-horse owners around here! 🙂

Cougar

why is being nice bloody virtue signalling.

I think that was said in jest…?!

Anyroad. I’d do – and indeed, do – what ads suggested. I guerilla market my read issues.

Cougar

We’re short of high-horse owners around here!

We bloody aren’t.

hooli

I think that was said in jest…?!

It was and it seems it was taken as it was intended. It was also aimed at the middle aged whiny cockbag part of the post rather than the nice gesture.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is there a High-Horse Society you could send it too? We’re short of high-horse owners around here!

Hi there, as a member of the High-Horse society I can tell you you’d see a lot more of us about if only we had a few stacks of magazines around to help with mounting and the occasional dismounting.

Cougar

Sir, as a founding member of the Shetland Ponies In The Distance Club, I am offended by your posts.

Bunnyhop

nbt is married to the average, whiney, middle class, BMW driving, (no cock) old bag, so all good here.

kelvin

Time for a big tune…

doomanic

@nbt Having discovered the stack of ruined reading material in the “library” thanks to a slow dripping tap connection I’d like to drop any pretense of self respect and say “I’ll take it if no one has a better claim”…

flyingmonkeycorps

Well I think it’s a lovely thing to do.

I’d like to nominate my mate. He’s definitely middle aged but not middle class and has had a really shitty time recently – his step daughter committed suicide a few months ago.

I’ve been supplying him with Lego and old mags (ST and Cranked mostly) but I’m sure this would make him smile.

cookeaa

Virtue signalling, whining cockbagery and high horses aside, isn’t there a tea room or break area at you place of work that you could quietly just leave them (or loudly proclaim you are donating reading material for the betterment of your coworkers)?

The best place to spread the good word of bicycling is probably the office space of your fellow high rollers…

nbt

This is done now – I’ve been talking to the lovely Zoe in the subs department and she will be handling the reallocation. Thanks for your suggestions and amusing repartee

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.