Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone using 2009 Reba Team forks?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

What do you think of them?

mooman
    Free Member

They is great.

druidh
    Free Member

I hope they're great. I should start to find out this weekend.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

BlackBox damping a noticeable improvement?

BoardinBob

Outstanding fork. I fitted them a couple of weeks ago. An unbelievable improvement over the pisspoor Toras they replaced. Dead easy to set up and loads of adjustability.

£305 from the Bike Outlet by the way.

13thfloormonk

Yep, replaced some 2007 motion control Reba teams. The 2009 blackbox versions do feel better, and i seem to achieve slightly more travel too (they seem to ramp up less)

I was disappointed with the floodgate feature though. I didn't use it much on my motion control models, but when i did the transition from locked to open was pretty seamless, which meant i could wind it in just enough to get rid of bob, but rely on it to open up instantly when i forgot to unlock the fork and banged into roots etc.

The black box floodgate doesn't feel nearly as smooth, feels far more like a lockout with a bit of give, as opposed to the "platform damping" feel the motion control had.

chakaping
    Free Member

Best fork I've ever used, brilliant damping, very stiff with maxle lite.

Like it so much I bought two.

Stoner
    Free Member

love mine with 120mm and 20mm axle.

cant say Ive noticed much difference with the damping between the black box and the normal MC but then Im a bit of a luddite.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Had mine for 8 months and been thoroughly impressed. Very stiff for an XC fork (100mm, QR axle), nice and plus and easy to set-up. Very happy so far. I can particularly notice how much stiffer they are than any other fork I've had as I'm 115kg. Powerbulge does seem to make a considerable difference. I'd definitely buy another pair if I needed to replace them.

Merlin are knocking out OEM ones for about 250 now, I believe. Bar-har-gain.

nedrapier

I hope so too, I'm just about to buy some. Anyone had any problems with the top caps fouling downtubes?

13thfloormonk

My old ones fouled my old Bianchi frame, had to get some horrendous extra fat crown race machined to solve the problem, nasty.

Acres of space on my Duster though.

nedrapier

hmmm was going to put mine on a dekerf generation.

Anything special about your bianchi?

13thfloormonk

Yeah, an integrated headset and a downtube that looked like a python swallowing a pig! 😀

If any bike was going to suffer downtube/adjuster issues it would have been the Bianchi…

BoardinBob

edit

nedrapier

I'll get the CC out then! Annoying to see the price has gone up on Bikeoutlet.

tang
    Free Member

any good deals on the 120 maxles around?

BoardinBob
    nedrapier

BB

The maxle version was 369 2 days ago, and if google's product cache is to be believed, 349 a little while earlier.

BoardinBob

Ah sorry, I bought the QR version and was thinking of that

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using 2009 Reba Team forks?’ is closed to new replies.