Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone used/installed ‘new wave doors’? Like bifold, but not…
  • DrP

I was initially looking at Bifold doors, then our builder showed me a leaflet with These fancy doors on it.

Looks functionally really good – the ability to have the ‘opening/partition’ on one side or the other just by sliding the doors looks great. They seem fairly new, and can’t see much online with decent reviews (apart from a. Bitchy mumsnet thread about poor customer service… eek).

Just wondering if anyone here has fitted them for themselves or others, or dealt with the company at all??

Cheers

DrP

Del

can’t comment on those specifically, but have used similar. may even have been the same ones but don’t know. lovely. mate installed some for his daughter. SIL came home, opened them up, promptly broke off the key in the lock as he folded them back. my mate said he was just glad it wasn’t him. i imagine some are designed better than others to prevent that…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

interesting but seem to be solving a problem that doesn’t exist. Had bifolds for a while now and I don’t recognise any of the purported problems or downsides to bifolds they say this system solves. Also bifolds open up in a single smooth action, whereas opening these up means faffing around with separate panels. We have systems like this dividing large conference rooms at work and they are a bit of a PITA.

The only benefit I can see is that they enable you to partition up the gap which might be a benefit if you have a really wide opening, but normally these tings are just either closed, partially open or fully open. And you won’t use them as much as you think.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Those seem a bit of a faff to be honest. I will caveat that though as i’m getting bi-folds fitted in 2 weeks so they’re the best thing ever obviously!.

poolman
    Free Member

My builder wanted me to fit a whole door that slid into a void into the wall.  That would last about 3 days in this house.  I think he knew he had a vested interest in the longevity of the job.

Tbh everyone with an interest in the job gets carried away, just keep it simple.

mcwyc
    Free Member

I have the new wave doors fitted. I bought a set direct from the Bristol supplier and they fitted them back in 2014 when I was building my extension. I went for 4 Alu panes, each 0.9m wide I think.

The product is a great idea, allowing a bit more flexibility over bi folds but I did find back in 2014 the customer/office service was appalling and the product quality only 90%. Don’t get me wrong, the guys fitting are great but the office service in terms of arranging a fitting date, paperwork and payment was extremely poor.

Still, I’m pleased with the product, but next time I’ll be going elsewhere. (Just had a look at some of the google reviews!!)

Happy to show my installation  if you’re native to north bristol.

DrP

THanks for the input – the main appeal for us IS the ability to ‘slide’ which side the opening is, and if you’re not having the door fully open, I like the fact that it’s not ‘concertinered up’ poking into the living/garden space.

I had read a pretty shocking Mumsnet review of the company, TBH! I’m not sure how it works if I’m getting a local fitter in to do it all (as we’re having a few windows and a ceiling lantern done as part of an extension)…

I think i like the idea over a standard bifold… will see what the timeframe for fitting is!

DrP

dantsw13

I’ve just fitted Alu Bifolds from Vufold – very happy with them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used/installed ‘new wave doors’? Like bifold, but not…’ is closed to new replies.