Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone use the wolf tooth B-Rad double bottle adaptor on a tight FS?
  • big_scot_nanny

Hi all,

I’m playing with the idea of getting a new full suspension bike to go with my LLS ChiTi HT.

Very tempted by Bird AM9. Looks good for a tall fat bloke, and the lovely Ben and Bird would seem to agree.

But, it only has one bottle mount, and with a piggy-back shock that severely restricts bottle mounting full stop.

So, anyone use the B-rad double bottle adaptor or similar on a FS bike? Would it work on the AM9?

B-RAD Double Bottle Adapter

thoughts appreciated!

jimdubleyou

Haven’t used one myself as I could get away with a side entry bottle holder (might be worth a go for you too).

You could also try the shifter thingie wolftooth do.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/accessories/products/b-rad-bottle-shift

I have got a B-RAD pump bag and it’s pretty decent quality.

blastit
    Free Member

worth a look
    twin bottle

blastit
    Free Member

I also have a AM9 and also interested in this so please keep us posted , could save me a couple of ££

canyon bottles

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I’ve got an AM9 in ML with a piggy back deluxe debonair shock arriving thursday. Have bought a 2 slot B-RAD and a side entry cage. Will report back at the end of the week on how it goes.

jonzi

I have a Aeris 145 with a piggy back shock.

I use a Fidlock, but only the small one, around 400ml, will fit.

big_scot_nanny

@jonzi – yeah, looked at that, could really do with taking 2 750ml bottles if possible

@blastit
    – never new about that canyon thingy, it does get pricey once you add bottles! Slick though

@feckinlovebbq
    – brilliant – keep us posted!

qwerty
    Free Member

I tried something like that once, all was good until I got out of the saddle and then the bottles got in the way of my legs / knees.

scaredypants

I have an AM9, L, without a piggyback shock. I use one of those “extender strips” t0o move the cage further towards the BB. It’ll then take a 32 oz (that’s a litre, right?) bottle in a side-entry cage

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

AM9
    Ignore the blue arrow thats for something else but this is a ML with a side entry cage works. Works with a 550ml bottle(Just). Wouldn’t work with a piggy back shock though. The B-rad didn’t really help much on the ML frame, It did allow you to mount the cage further back but at the same time it added a little stack height which negated any benefit in aft movement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use the wolf tooth B-Rad double bottle adaptor on a tight FS?’ is closed to new replies.