Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone use a topeak tribag on their mtb?
  • mylofitz
    Free Member

Just ordered one and now wonder whether it’ll stay put when on the trails. Can’t put a saddlebag on my saddle due to the reverb so thought this would be fine for a spare tube, levers and multitool. Anyone use them ?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I use a generic ebay tribag, and never have a problem.

gazc
    Free Member

i used one then gave it to the mrs when i got a revelate bag. the revelate one stays in position better but the topeak one is fine as it is and not yet fallen off!

pembo6
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve got the Topeak one. Works great. I just wish I bought the waterproof cover.

Stays in place really well.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve used the Toppeak one on a few rides with no issues. You can get eight Asda mini pork pies inside it, if you line them up properly.

wombat

You can get eight Asda mini pork pies inside it, if you line them up properly.

This is the sort of information that every review should provide.

Real-life useability summed up in a single sentence 8)

ElShalimo

How many mini samosas? Any room left for the raita?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Brilliant

Next question

How far can 8 asda mini pork pies get you? 20/40/60 miles XC ? And does that equate to 40/80/100 mile on road

But maybe more importantly … where does the Branston go ?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

On last weekends 200km road ride, I stopped at Tebay services.
    1 Westmorland sausage roll kept me going for about 60km, till I needed more food.

(note – westmorland sausage rolls are a long way above asda porkpies in the snack pecking order)

ste_t
    Free Member

Surely you would have to take 5 pork pies and a pot of mustard/pickle? The extra space would be used for a Cumberland Scotch egg.

miketually
    Free Member

How far can 8 asda mini pork pies get you? 20/40/60 miles XC ? And does that equate to 40/80/100 mile on road

I only ate seven, and supplemented with some cherries that were reduced in the Co-op in Barnard Castle, but about 95 miles as a mix of on- and off-road.

Coffee at home.
    Just water for the first hour.
    One pork pie per hour after that, with 50:50 water apple juice as a drink.

🙂

ianfitz
    Free Member

yrs in fact i sometimes use two! They occasionally lean a bit but have been solid

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a topeak tribag on their mtb?’ is closed to new replies.