Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone take apart Pace RC36 Stealth forks?
  • cjr61

Trying to open up the spring side and can’t work out how to get the top preload cap out. Removed the circlip but should it push out when forks compress?

Thanks
    Chris

hamishthecat
    Free Member

All the Pace manuals are still on the website the Hollowform ones are here

cjr61

@hamishthecat FANTASTIC! Thank you

cjr61

Hmmm…so to ‘withdraw the spring stack’ I just pull it up?

Speshpaul

with the circlip out put a rag over the top and give them a little bounce

cjr61

Thanks. Tried the bounce method first but zero movement from the preload assembly. Soaking in GT85 to see whether than loosens things up!

submarined
    Free Member

If my experience with RC37s is anything to go by, ride them for a short period and they’ll take themselves apart. Probably out the bottom. In a catastrophic way.

cjr61

Lol

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Worst cycling thing I ever bought, leaky seals,slack bushings, worn sanctions after a couple of months. I really wanted some Pace forks but this experience finished the fantasy.

DezB
    Free Member

Mine had as much travel backwards and forwards as they did up and down 😃

aP
    Free Member

Mine stopped working when I rode in the rain. Took about 20 minutes. I phoned them up to ask about how to make them work again. They told me to take them back to the shop I’d bought them from. Which was them. Went silent. “Please just send them to us and we’ll sort then out”.
    4 months later I bought some Bombers. Which still work. I don’t know where the Pace went. But I got about 1/4 of my money back.

cjr61

Thanks all. I’m keen to try and sort these as I think with reduced spring length they’ll be ripping for my little lad.

DickBarton

You’ve undone all the bolts and removed the circlips from top and bottom of fork?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone take apart Pace RC36 Stealth forks?’ is closed to new replies.